PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the KHEMRI Team?

Marlow
23-09-2008, 10:28
Salutations Readers,

The BBRC is looking at changing the Khemri rota as they seem to be performing better than expected in Leagues. As there are a lot more casual Blood Bowl players on this forum I thought I would ask what experience, if any, folk have had with and against the team?

LRB 5 ~ KHEMRI Team
Qty Title . . . Cost . MA ST AG AV Skills ~ Normal/Double
0-16 Skeletons 30k 5 3 2 7 Regeneration ~ G/ASP
0-2 Thro-Ras . 70k 6 3 2 7 Pass, Regeneration, Sure Hands ~ GP/AS
0-2 Blitz-Ras . 90k 6 3 2 8 Block, Regeneration ~ GS/AP
0-4 Mummies 110k 3 5 1 9 Mighty Blow, Regeneration ~ S/GAP

stampy
23-09-2008, 17:01
the fact that they can and often always take 4 mummies which are strength 5 makes them overpowered. Ogre teams are the only thing that can come close with 5 str 5 ogres but then they have to have snotlings. Khemri can have 4 str5 players backed up by other decent players

NegativeZer0
25-09-2008, 04:08
Original
Qty Title . . . Cost . MA ST AG AV Skills ~ Normal/Double
0-2 Thro-Ras . 70k 6 3 2 7 Pass, Regeneration, Sure Hands ~ GP/AS
0-2 Blitz-Ras . 90k 6 3 2 8 Block, Regeneration ~ GS/AP

My Sugested Fix
0-1 Thro-Ras . 90k 6 3 3 7 Pass, Regeneration, Sure Hands ~ GP/AS

Drop Blitz Ras. (there just skeletons with block. make the player earn it)
Reduce thro-ras to a 1 off choice but increase agi to make up for it and a slightly higher cost of course.

Reason why Mummies are not overpowered. They are movement 3. Ogres in contrast are movement 5.

Outside of the three players you are FORCED to put on the line no Mummy should be allowed to hit one of your players without first making several go for it rolls. Make them make enough of these they will fail them and they will sacrafice the all important rerolls they need for doing anything with the ball (agility 2 they will need those rerolls) or cause a turn over.

P.S. My opinion on the above fix is based on only playing the team once in a tournament and playing against 1 kemri team in a league that had 2 seasons behind it. Not much exp with/against this team but enough to make an intelligent suggestion at least.

Gloin
27-09-2008, 15:41
You read the rulereview allready ? I guess not since Khemri's mummies got replaced by tomb guardians which start with break tackle instead of mighty blow... and skeletons got thick skull.
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1310003_BB_Rules_Review.pdf

EvC
29-09-2008, 01:23
Yeah I've played against the newer version, it's still pretty damn hard though. Comparing my Ogres which go stupid 1/6 of the time to the 4 Tomb Guard I have to face, it's quite horrible- they get pretty much all the advantages of an Ogre at a fraction of the price. True that have lower agility and movement but they don't need it like Ogres. I wouldn't be surprised if people are cleaning up using the newer rules...

Darkson
05-10-2008, 20:25
The new roster is crap, pure and simple, and has been house-ruled out of our league and yearly tournament before it even becomes official.

CaptScott
07-10-2008, 02:27
Never played with them or against them but they seem awfully weak to me. That being said weak teams can be the funnest to play, so I might even try this new list in a season or two.

Noserenda
11-10-2008, 15:00
Someone in our league is using them and they certainly seem nasty, as long as they keep Throw-ras on the ball they dont have as many issues as i expected handling it, and Mummies had absolutely no trouble mangling my poor Black orcs. Although is does bear mentioning that i had some terrible luck near the ball, so my "Fighter" players were kinds left on a limb throughout the match.

Oh yeah and Ramtut is WRONG :eek:

Darkson
12-10-2008, 23:30
My Sugested Fix
0-1 Thro-Ras . 90k 6 3 3 7 Pass, Regeneration, Sure Hands ~ GP/AS

Oh, and I forgot to say earlier, bcause JJ ays so, all non-BG player positions have to an even number, so 0-2 or 0-4 is fine, 0-1 or 0-3 is a big no-no.

Not saying I agree with it, but that's the rule all teams have to live with.

spevna
13-10-2008, 12:31
Got to love 4 mummies on a team.

Gorgrim
15-10-2008, 06:44
I used the new rules with Tomb Guardians in the last league I played and won the final with them. Now having said that, I played against Lizardmen in the final and my opponent rolled poorly.

I think the changes are rubbish, regardless of winning.

feno12
27-09-2010, 04:47
The update to the team is pure crap, been playing for years and the loss of armor value and mighty blow make them a heck of a lot more vulnerable to a team which is highly reliant on its strength, also the lack of mighty blow makes them -extremely- hard to level up and cause significantly less injuries which is one of the things the team relies on to succeed as their other positionals are very poor.

Garion
27-09-2010, 08:26
I have to say they are now a poor team, they were overpowered in lrb4 but since CRP was released they are pretty terrible. I don't think I have lost a game to them yet in approximately 10 encounters, this is with me playing as Slann, Skaven, Humans, and Chaos Pact.
They do not need to be looked at again, they are well balanced as they are or maybe slightly on the weaker side. Also I'm not sure where you have got that information about the BBRC looking at them again because as far as I was aware the BBRC has been disbanded.

If they are back and reviewing teams there are only four teams they need to change to make the game perfectly balanced -

1. Lizardmen - The Saurus should be given Av10 because they lose one Saurus at the start of every drive to a foul and when that happens there team is at a huge disadvantage, av 10 would make them a little mopre competative by slightly reducing the effectiveness of all the fouls they take.They are one of my favourite races but this weakness in the first turn has lost me games before where i have taken two KO Saurus and then the third has been fouled and BH and this is a cvery common occurance.

2 Nurgle - The Beast should have access to mutations without having to roll doubles. That little change would allow them compete with the top tier teams at a high TV.

3 Ogres - They should be allowed to have 8 Ogres, 6 just isn't enough as they can be overpowered by khemri, Lizards, Orcs and Vampires easily at the moment, and because the snotlings are so poor and basically just there to foul they need that little bit extra help from the Ogres. Also they suffer the same problem as the Lizards in that they lose one player for the match evey time they kick because of their players getting fouled on the LOS.

4- Finally and mot importantly Orc- The Orcs should be reduced to 2 Black Orcs, 4 is just too much, they are already very powerful because of there cheap av9 players, their blitzers are also amazing rookie players. 4 Bobs just makes them too strong and allows them to easily over power any team. They are just far too strong in every area and all they need is 2 skills on the Bobs, 2 or 3 skills on their blitzers, and 1 skill on the rest of their players and they are absolute force. Teams like Khemri, Ogres, Lizards, Undead that should be able to over power them or even just stand toe to toe with them just cannot do it at the moment. Infact the only team that can cause them problems is Chaos and that is only if they have a huge amount Claw, MB PO. Another way teh team could be made more fair would be if the Bobs were given ag1 to make their skill development slower and the Troll was removed from their roster.

But leave Khemri alone they are fine as they are in CRP, all the teams should be considered average that way you know that the game is balanced.

Garion
27-09-2010, 08:31
Also I would like to say that eveyone that has been saying they are too hard to beat with Ogres and they are over powered etc.. they aren't overpowered, they aren't very good at all now really, just Ogres were made absolutely terrible in the latest rule set.

Edit: Someone has just pointed out to me that this has been bumped for some reason and this topic was rasied in 2008. So yeah they did change and for the better IMO lol

Ancre
29-09-2010, 21:01
Edit: Someone has just pointed out to me that this has been bumped for some reason and this topic was rasied in 2008. So yeah they did change and for the better IMO lol

That might explain the rambling about the BBRC as well ;)