PDA

View Full Version : Dark elves army list. First attempt

eleveninches
23-09-2008, 09:40
I just got the DE book, and have wrote a few army lists, but am not sure which one to go for.

IDEA 1: Malekith
600: Malekith
185: Sorcerer (sacrificial dagger, gem of nightmares)
171: Assassin (cloak of twilight, +1HW, manbane, rending stars)
183: 29 Warriors (standard, musician)
189: 30 Warriors (standard, musician)
85: 5 Dark Riders
55: 5 Harpies
342: 19 Black Guard (FC, RoHotek, Standard of slaughter)
135: 5 Cold One Knights
----
----

IDEA 2: Balanced
250: Lokhir Fellheart
183: 29 Warriors (standard, musician)
214: 30 Warriors (standard, musician, warbanner)
108: 6 Dark Riders (shields)
328: 21 Black Guard (FC, RoHotek, standard of slaughter)
100: Cold One Chariot
100: RBT
----
----

IDEA 3: Khainite
350: Crone Hellebron
250: Death Hag (cauldron of blood, RoKhaine, manbane)
159: Master BSB (heavy armour, shield, sea dragon cloak, great weapon, ring of darkness OR cloak of hag graef)
171: Assassin (manbane, RoKhaine, +1HW, hand of khaine, cry of war)
165: 14 Witch Elves (FC)
90: 5 Dark Riders (shields)
355: 20 Black Guard (FC, standard of hag graef, RoHotek)
----
----

IDEA 4: Dragon / Skirmish
573: Dreadlord (heavy armour, shield, lance, black dragon, ring of darkness, cloak of hag graek, black dragon egg)
90: 5 Shades (great weapons)
289: 7 Cold Ones (FC, RoHotek, Standard of slaughter)
----
----

Mannfred
23-09-2008, 13:27
Okaii i've been playing Dark Elves for quite a while now so yea don't take it too harshly but here it is:

IDEA 1 - U don't have Malekith in 2000pts - because a) he takes a big chunk of points and hence u'll have a very small army b) and this is a fluff one; why would Malekith lead a 2000point army like unless it's 3000pts + i don't see Malekith turning up at all....

Take Morathi instead - only around 470 points i think - much better sorceress and yeah more points to get more stuff....

IDEA 2 - Balanced will get u friends but yeah it won't win u games - seriously take a hydra....and yeah where are the crossbows like seriously...and this i'm like dead set serious u taking Lohkir Fellheart with no Cosairs ---- u need to be like hit.....hehe jks....just fluff....

IDEA 3 - U take Crone Hellbrone and only take 1 unit of Witch Elves...wats the point then....if u take Crone Hellbrone u msu of like 7 Witch Elves and play points denial with units of like 5-6 Harpies - competitive and amusing.....

IDEA 4 - My favourite becomes its random especially Dread Lord with Black Dragon Egg and a Black Dragon incase 1 template wasnt enough....hehe luv it....But for 2000pts u have only 2 dispell dice seriously u have speed but like magic will pis u off soon and i'll be honest ring of hotek doesn't always protect u....but when it does u'll be jumping up and down especially when ur opponent goes omg irrestiable force champ and ur like no no no miscast dude....

PARTYCHICORITA
23-09-2008, 16:05
I didn't like any of the lists mostly for the same reasons posted by Mannfred. Also i don't see the point in ever taking a unit of more than 20 warriors or the way you build your assasins (RoK+Touch+Lotus is the best way to go by far)

Little Aaad
23-09-2008, 20:58
Hey, I voted the only one without Spec Chars, more creative.

theunwantedbeing
23-09-2008, 21:05
Idea 4.
It doesnt have special character's.
For that reason and that reason only.

You'll gain a lot more insight into the game and tactics and such if you avoid using special character's as much as possible.
Developing your own idea's of magical item combinations will get your head around how bets to use things and into the mindset of how things combine to work together.
Special character's tend to make you work around them, rather than thinking for yourself.

Although list 4 is a horrible list...if you get a nbit of bad luck you'll be slaughtered and be left with few options but to basically run away and/or hope you can win your fights through luck.

The main issues:
Shades with very expensive assasins in (shades are easily killed, which gets rid of the assasin, failing that, the assasin himself is also going to be easily killed as well)
Low model count, and low survivability models (harpies/dark riders)
Your knights are a single unit....that's generally risky, much more so than 2 units (as it's less likely for both to fail their stupidity)
Generally the army is too small and weak, and allows the general to be too easily targetted and dealt with, while the rest of the army isnt going to be overly capable of doing much of worth.

Remember the ring of hotek only helps things in range of it, and your harpies and dark riders are going to be in trouble if they're anywhere near that knight unit as they'll be unable to be of too great a help, but they'll want to be far from it but then they'll be sussceptible to magic.

eleveninches
24-09-2008, 15:07
How about this then?

575: Dreadlord (heavy armour, shield, lance, black dragon, 3x null talismans , cloak of hag graek, black dragon egg)
189: BSB Master (cold one, lance, heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, shield, ring of hotek, gem of nightmares)
95: 5 Dark Riders (shields)
95: 5 Dark Riders (shields)
220: 30 Warriors (FC, warbanner)
108: 6 Shades (great weapons)
85: 5 Shades (+1HWs)
----
----

I love the combo of black dragon egg and cloak of hag graef on my dragonlord. Makes him immune to S4 magic missiles and shooting for one turn. And even S6 things will only be wounding him on roll of 6. :) And the fact that he has MR3

Repsajanus
24-09-2008, 17:13
Idea 2 : Lokhir with no corsairs? o_O
Idea 3 : I agree with mannfred, crone, but only one unit of witch elves?
plus, you're using a khainitee army, but no executioners?
Idea 4 : why use RBT in a cavalry list? Hydra's would be the better rare choice I guess ^^

btw : black guard size is 5-20, idea 2 has 21 of them XD

eleveninches
25-09-2008, 09:45
Idea 2 : Lokhir with no corsairs? o_O
Idea 3 : I agree with mannfred, crone, but only one unit of witch elves?
plus, you're using a khainitee army, but no executioners?
Idea 4 : why use RBT in a cavalry list? Hydra's would be the better rare choice I guess ^^
Lokhir I got because he has terror, regen, +1A per enemy rank and can leap about. I dont see why I would want to ever use corsairs over normal warriors, as they are a lot more costly.
I didnt want to do a witch elf army, I just like the idea of having 10S10 Attacks with hatred and ASF.
I had to have some RBT in the last list because I have no other ranged units and no magic, so some RBT ought to help support the army.

What do you think of my current list, posted above.

Mullitron
25-09-2008, 12:26
I say the malekith list just because i love that guy. If u want to take special characters do so, i find they add character to the games as much as any other character if not sometimes more. How i see it the chances of malekith leading a 2000 point force is just as likely as armies going to war with regiments of only 20 men!

eleveninches
29-09-2008, 15:22
250: Lokhir Fellheart
185: lv2 Mage (sacrificial dagger, pearl of infinite bleakness)
189: Master BSB (heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, shield, cold one, halberd, ring of hotek, gem of nightmares)
202: 27 Warriors (FC, warbanner)
204: 29 Warriors (FC, banner of cold blood)
345: 20 Black Guard (FC, banner of hag graef, champion has soulrender)
100: Repeater Bolt Thrower

-----
-----