PDA

View Full Version : World Eaters

theDarkGeneral
24-09-2008, 07:29
Just some info I was given by "The Powers That Be"...the World Eaters will be getting a Codex soon, to represent Khorne's specific Legions in the 40K universe. Following them will be the Death Guard, Thousand Sons, Emperor's Children, and one other...

StormWulfen
24-09-2008, 07:51
i had heard of a chaos legions codex but not one for each god, should be interesting though

:chrome:

Eater of Small Things
24-09-2008, 08:05
It would set a new precedent to see Chaos legions get this kind of attention, and a Khorne-dedicated codex would be a good place to test the waters for this sort of thing, especially since two of the troop choices (berserkers and bloodletters) are already available as plastic kits. Throw in some juggernauts, flesh-hounds, a new upgrade sprue, and it's done.

Personally, I'd like to see some of the creatures from the novel Hammer of Daemons make an appearance. Maybe something like a meat shield unit that runs ahead of the chaos space marines to soak up fire.

After seeing the Khorne Servants of Slaughter list from IA:6, I'm guessing that Beastmen could also find their way into a World Eaters codex. Who knows how they might choose to expand a legion that's been around for thousands of years?

Regardless, I'd be happy if they just did the codex like the free Blood Angels PDF.

zendral
24-09-2008, 08:24
*starts frothing at the mouth*

Good to hear. Not a khorne player myslef, but I'm glad to see them getting the first appearance. If the order is true, then kewl. Assuming that were still looking at guard, wolves, necrons, and dark eldar, the khorne book should appear somewhere next fall/winter. Which isn't really "soon". So what do you mean by "soon"? Hmm...makes one wonder where and if the inquisition will fit into all this.

Reaver83
24-09-2008, 08:30
NO! I love my world eaters but enough MEQ is enough! more non MEQ stuff needs to be done first!

adreal
24-09-2008, 08:36
I'll be happy with legion dex's if IO can still take iconed up squads....mainy casue I have afew in my emp's children army to get other weapons then just sonics (as nice as they are)

but if I dont, then I'll just give them all bolters and sell off my havoc heavy weapons so i can buy more blastmasters.......

Latro_
24-09-2008, 11:09
hmm makes me wonder how 'soon' soon is. Got DE, IG and all the fantasy stuff in between.

Whitehorn
24-09-2008, 11:17
Soon?

We heard this rumour a few months ago.

Give it 3 years :)

The_Outsider
24-09-2008, 11:47
Yes, lets give people another reason to play marines - but its ok, chaos players will like it therefore it will be perfect.

I swear i'll have an embolism if we see another marine codex (5th ed sm not withstanding) before DE/IG/=][=.

Though perhaps a SW codex would be tolerated, but I think that just require a massive drop of blood pressure.

Ddraiglais
24-09-2008, 11:54
i had heard of a chaos legions codex but not one for each god, should be interesting though

:chrome:

Phil Bradly posted that Jervis Johnson said at UKGD that each LEGION would be getting it's own codex. Some people have interpreted that to mean each cult legion. JJ didn't specify cult legions so I'm guessing that that means nine codices. That would be almost impossible for GW to produce. If they did do it, the backlash from non Chaos players would be huge. My best guess is that each legion will get a mini-dex in WD, PDF, or both.

Feuermann
24-09-2008, 12:00
Probable chaos legions codexes:
-Big book with all legions and background
- Codexes for each god legion and one for undivided one legion(unprobably, this would be too spensive)
- Minicodexes on WD(most probably)<- easy to produce (at least a good WD issue XD)

:chrome: Iron in, iron out!!! :chrome:

setekhite
24-09-2008, 12:08
It kind of makes sense it would be the World Eaters - they were, after all, the first Chaos legion to really recieve detailed treatment and a distinctive look back in the early 90s.

I wonder if it would be hoping for too much to see an updated Blood Slaughterer.... :)

Latro_
24-09-2008, 13:00
Would be interesting if they included the various god daemons from the daemons codex. e.g. world eaters with propper bloodletters. It's one of the only ways to flesh out a legion specific book without development of new units.

Whitehorn
24-09-2008, 13:36
Everyone immediately assumes 'another marine codex'.

There's a lot more to the Cult forces, but you can be forgiven for not knowing - since they're stripped so bare lately.

Daemons: Swarms, mounts, lesser, greater, princes.
Cultists: Demagogues, renegade guard, mutants, ogryns, possessed, spawn.
Daemon engines: Possessed dreads, defiler/grinder, [ endless Apoc units ]

IronNerd
24-09-2008, 14:28
Yes, lets give people another reason to play marines - but its ok, chaos players will like it therefore it will be perfect.

I swear i'll have an embolism if we see another marine codex (5th ed sm not withstanding) before DE/IG/=][=.

Though perhaps a SW codex would be tolerated, but I think that just require a massive drop of blood pressure.

So as long as it's a Loyalist marine chapter, oh, well then it's ok? Really? There's been enough discussion on CSM, so I don't want to get into it, but it peeves me that you would feel so strongly against a new MEQ army, unless it's Loyalist...

Whitehorn
24-09-2008, 14:32
CSM have had much attention and releases, albeit badly in some eyes, whereas SW are loooong due an update. They deserve it!

toymaker
24-09-2008, 14:47
More Chaos rules and Fluff = more gooder

vampires are cool!
24-09-2008, 15:28
Pinch of salt myself.

Whilst i would like to see these proposed 'dexes i wont hold out a great dael of hope. And i certainly would prefere them to cover the DE first - its been eleven years for god sake!

ChaosTicket
24-09-2008, 15:59
A World Eater codex would be incredibly boring. The Whole codex would just be variations of Berserkers, berserkers on bikes, veteran berserkers, etc. maybe a khornate daemon unit of two.

I don't think that the Dark Angels and Black Templars should have gotten their own Full Codexes, and if they start making codexes for whole factions then it would just be very boring and expensive.

I think it was good that they distanced from the Traitor Legions, but also they should have made some rules for them, like Oh, and an expansion book for the Traitor Legions based on the Chaos Marine Codex.

They need to get down to getting rules for traitor guardsmen, chaos cultists, and Chaos warriors. Those make up the brunt of chaos forces but they haven't had any official rules since the 2nd edition Chaos Codex.

The_Outsider
24-09-2008, 16:07
So as long as it's a Loyalist marine chapter, oh, well then it's ok? Really?

No, I singled out SW because their codex references one nearly as old as the DE codex (which, unlike the DE codex doesn't exist).

SW currently are held together with luck, faith in the emperor and a ton of glue.

"Oh I need ot check page 34 in the space marine codex for the landspeeder stats, hmm it appears landspeeders are now hive fleet leviathon's assault upon macragge".

Latro_
24-09-2008, 16:12
Yea to be honest I agree with ChaosTicket. The actual rules for each legion can be done in much the same way as the old csm codex, you literally only need a couple of pages to really create a theme. Add a page more than this of rules, global army special rules for each legion like the IG traits and SM chapter tactics and you could easily get all the core legions in one book.

The other obvious and easy thing to do is with these traits you simply confer price discounts and limiters to armies. e.g. World eaters bezerkers cost 5pts cheaper but they cant take obiltertors etc.. or Night lord bikers/raptors are cheaper and count as scoring but only 1HS choice etc..
infact, i might write the rules and send it to phil kelly, i'v got his email address lol

The rest of the book should of course be pumped full of fluff.

Melanieshaman
24-09-2008, 20:51
Regardless of HOW they execute this, I would be thrilled with a "Khornite" dex of some sort. I know how people feel about more SM-like stuff BUT with cultists and such it could turn out VERY interesting. Being that i am getting BACK into 40k after a long time away and this IS the army i want to make (Khorne-themed) this would make me a happy girl!

theDarkGeneral
25-09-2008, 10:51
Well, "The Powers That Be" said Space Wolves are still some time out (at least a year) but the popularity of Chaos in general, and the obvious mistakes with the Chaos Space Marine Codex is what's putting them forward. 2009 is what was originally scheduled, but we'll see.

They won't be doing 1 Codex per actually Legion, but instead the 4 main Dark god mustered (Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch, Slaanesh) and one additional-some sort of cross with Nightlords, Ironwarriors, etc. inside.

Ya'll must remember, I'm not a big 40K fan, but I do enjoy Apocalypse games, so the info I ask for has to do with such things. I like to know what kind of models should I be looking forward to buying to make some large, nasty/fun units!

Oh, and the Worldeaters Codex won't just be Khorne Berzerkers in different roles...:evilgrin:

Shibboleth
25-09-2008, 12:19
I would see this series of Codexes for the big 4 Gods a chance to make a plastic Greater Daemon for each. With individual relelase schedules there should be plenty of room/time.

Bloodknight
25-09-2008, 12:24
They won't be doing 1 Codex per actually Legion, but instead the 4 main Dark god mustered (Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch, Slaanesh) and one additional-some sort of cross with Nightlords, Ironwarriors, etc. inside.

Good idea, IMO. They could just attach the vanilla list to the undivided legions, and that would only mean one more codex, not 4 like in the case of loyalist marines.

The_Outsider
25-09-2008, 13:33
Good idea, IMO. They could just attach the vanilla list to the undivided legions, and that would only mean one more codex, not 4 like in the case of loyalist marines.

Lets go one better since warseer wants it - remove vanilla CSM altogether and only have legions.

Sarevok
25-09-2008, 13:33
If they'd planned things out properly they could have included other Legion's special characters in the current Chaos Codex and possible leave out Kharn, Ahriman, etc. for the legion books.
Similar to the new Marine codex, you'd take an IW/WB/NL/AL special character and he'd alter the list in some way.

Bloodknight
25-09-2008, 13:39
Lets go one better since warseer wants it - remove vanilla CSM altogether and only have legions.

While I personally would not mind that (I play Death Guard and World Eaters), that would screw too many people over since the undivided legions tend to not allow any cult troopers. It would especially screw those over who started their chaos army with the current codex. Most 3rd edition players played a legion, of course, and would not lose much or anything.