PDA

View Full Version : Terminator Storm

Nilhouse
24-09-2008, 18:40
Just something I thought up the other day, and I was wondering what people thought. Admitedly, it is a strong unit, with each member shooting 4 bolter shots at 24" range while still moving. They are still ok in close combat, but would not stand up to a dedicated close combat unit at all. One option I have considered is making the Storm Bolter twin-linked, but I'm not sure if they would be worth the cost then. The other option that I like best is that they could only fire both storm bolters if they did not move at all that turn, but could fire a single one as normal. Still, not sure if it is worth 40 points at that time.

Lemme know what you think!

Terminator Storm Squads

Given the increasing use of Terminators on the battlefield, their use as a mobile fire station is increased over time. Some chapters have adopted the use of a new Terminator Storm configuration; removing much of the close combat potential of Terminator squads in favor of long range anti-infantry capabilities.

Terminator Storm Squad 200 Points

WS BS S T Wo I A Ld Sv
4 4 4 4 1 4 2 9 2+/5+

Unit: 1 Terminator Storm Sergeant, 4 Terminator Storm Squad Members. Up to 5 Terminator Storm Squad Members may be added to the unit for +40 points each.

Wargear: Terminator Armor, Two Storm Bolters

Squad Options: For every 5 members in the squad, one may exchange a single Storm Bolter for one weapon below, at the listed cost.

Assault Cannon +30 Points
Cyclone Missile Launcher +20 Points

Sargeant Options: The Terminator Storm Sargeant may exchange one of his Storm Bolters for a Power Sword at no cost.

Rules: And They Shall Know No Fear, Combat Squads, Combat Tactics, Dauntless (see below)

Dauntless - A Terminator Storm Squad Member may always fire a Storm Bolter in addition to any other weapon they are carrying, including another Storm Bolter. In addition, in Close Combat, a Terminator Storm Squad Member or Terminator Storm Sargeant may treat any Storm Bolter as a Close Combat weapon.

Kurisu313
24-09-2008, 18:53
If I was going to do something like this, I'd make a Terminator Devastator Squad

Basically a regular termie squad that can take two weapon options per 5 men, instead of the usual one, but for a points hike. Less adventurous, but more realistic

Terminator Devastator Squad 200points

5 Terminators with
Power Fist (sergeant has a power sword)
Storm Bolter
Terminator Armour

Options
May take up to 5 extra terminators for +40points each
Any model may replace a powerfist with a chainfist for 5 points

Up to 2 models may exchange their storm bolter for a heavy flamer for 10 points or an assault cannon for 40 points or add a cyclone launcher for 30 points. If there are a full 10 terminators then 2 more may choose from this list.

ChaosBeast
01-10-2008, 20:24
this would be mine:

terminator devestator squad 220pts, up to five more terminators can be included for 40pts each

4 terminator devistators and one seargent.

terminator devestator WS BS S T I A W Ld Sv
4 4 4 4 4 1 1 10 2+
terminator seargant WS BS S T I A W Ld Sv
4 5 4 4 4 1 1 10 2+

equipment: terminator armour, storm bolter, power fist. seargent has signum

options:

for every 2 terminators one man may replace his storm bolter with:
an assault cannon for 15pts, a heavy flamer for 10 points or an autocannon for 10 points or buy a cyclone missile launcher for 10pts

for every five terminators in the squad one may have 1 of the following weapons:
multimelta for 15pts
lascannon for 35pts
plasma cannon for 20 pts

any model may replace powerfist with chainfist for 5pts.

leonmallett
02-10-2008, 10:13
Just something I thought up the other day, and I was wondering what people thought. Admitedly, it is a strong unit, with each member shooting 4 bolter shots at 24" range while still moving. They are still ok in close combat, but would not stand up to a dedicated close combat unit at all. One option I have considered is making the Storm Bolter twin-linked, but I'm not sure if they would be worth the cost then. The other option that I like best is that they could only fire both storm bolters if they did not move at all that turn, but could fire a single one as normal. Still, not sure if it is worth 40 points at that time.

Lemme know what you think!

Terminator Storm Squads

Given the increasing use of Terminators on the battlefield, their use as a mobile fire station is increased over time. Some chapters have adopted the use of a new Terminator Storm configuration; removing much of the close combat potential of Terminator squads in favor of long range anti-infantry capabilities.

Terminator Storm Squad 200 Points

WS BS S T Wo I A Ld Sv
4 4 4 4 1 4 2 9 2+/5+

Unit: 1 Terminator Storm Sergeant, 4 Terminator Storm Squad Members. Up to 5 Terminator Storm Squad Members may be added to the unit for +40 points each.

Wargear: Terminator Armor, Two Storm Bolters

Squad Options: For every 5 members in the squad, one may exchange a single Storm Bolter for one weapon below, at the listed cost.

Assault Cannon +30 Points
Cyclone Missile Launcher +20 Points

Sargeant Options: The Terminator Storm Sargeant may exchange one of his Storm Bolters for a Power Sword at no cost.

Rules: And They Shall Know No Fear, Combat Squads, Combat Tactics, Dauntless (see below)

Dauntless - A Terminator Storm Squad Member may always fire a Storm Bolter in addition to any other weapon they are carrying, including another Storm Bolter. In addition, in Close Combat, a Terminator Storm Squad Member or Terminator Storm Sargeant may treat any Storm Bolter as a Close Combat weapon.

A nice idea.

I think the GW design philosophy (SC's aside) would be to make the SB's TL, rather than simply doubling the firepower. If you went that way I think you would have a unit that feels a neat fit to what is already there, and wouldn't appear overpowered. That said, you then may need to consider making the option to TL the AC/HF (at +50% cost?).

Have you thought about how you will model these as using the power sword arm seems the most obvious rout to mount the SB, and there aren't too many in the box.