PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Army of Tzeentch

Shaunzy
25-09-2008, 05:46
Hi guys,

I'm a new player moving up the ladder to a 2k pt army.
I'll be operating with Tzeentch, and here's the breakdown:

1 Chaos Sorcerer @ 120 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor
Lore of Shadows: Steed of Shadows

20 Chaos Warriors @ 430 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Champion; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Chosen

5 Chaos Hounds @ 30 Pts

1 Chaos Lord of Tzeentch on Mount @ 415 Pts
General; Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor, Scimitar of Skultar (No armour save for 6 on Wound)

10 Chaos Knights @ 380 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Champion; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour;

1 Chaos Giant @ 205 Pts
Causes Terror; Large Target; Stubborn

1 Exalted Daemon of Tzeentch @ 305 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Causes Fear; Causes Terror; Daemonic; Flyer; Immune to Psychology

1 Chariot @ 120 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Chariot; Scythed Wheels

Total Roster Cost: 2005

Strategy is to for Giant to Pave the way for the Chaos Warriors to March their way into the opponent.
Exalted Daemon acts as a supporting unit for the Warriors until it's time to flank.
Hounds are place in front of the rank of Knights, with the Lord being able to detach himself from these ranks as flankers too.

Rather heavy on Tzeentch magic, and I have the option of casting Steed of Shadows on my Lord to bring him straight into battle as a charging unit.

I'm still guessing that I probably should omit for another core unit of Warriors.

Suggestions Please?
Thanks in advance!

LION
25-09-2008, 07:25
;) I fully defend your right to Go for a power dice crazy Chaos Army. However, as your list is based on the now outdated & non legal Hordes of Chaos Army Book..best wait to November for new toys & magical ploys.
Before the Good news cometh the bad....Exaulted Daemons are History in Motal Armies.

LION

Shaunzy
27-09-2008, 17:58
;) I fully defend your right to Go for a power dice crazy Chaos Army. However, as your list is based on the now outdated & non legal Hordes of Chaos Army Book..best wait to November for new toys & magical ploys.
Before the Good news cometh the bad....Exaulted Daemons are History in Motal Armies.

LION

Thanks for the reply, Lion!
Damn, was looking forward to a Daemon in my army.
What do you suggest then? A hellcannon or ogres/trolls?

Cheers!

Kalec
27-09-2008, 21:40
A daemon prince. He can take the more expensive gifts, fights well enough, and all the magic items are cheap enough for your hero sorcerers to use. Not to mention a 4+ ward with mark of tzeentch.

GodlessM
27-09-2008, 21:42
You do realize this army has been outdated since last June by the WD list, and the new book is only 3wks away?

Shaunzy
28-09-2008, 07:16
Hi guys, thanks for the feedback.
Yeah, I do know the new book is out soon.
Just working on old principles for now.

Thanks for the advice!
I'd revamp my list soon. Pls check back and give me your two cents then!
Much appreciated.