PDA

View Full Version : What would Dark Elves do with Ulhtuan?

Finnblood
27-09-2008, 01:28
So.

Should the DE win and take over Ulthuan, what would happen?

Now, as far as I know, only Malekith and Morathi have properly lived on Ulthuan, whereas the rest of the population was born in Naggaroth.

Naggaroth is a harsh place in many ways, just like the DE. It has become a part of their culture. They see themselves strong, living in the barren North, whereas the elves of Ulthuan are soft and weak.

So, would they just turn Ulthuan into another Naggaroth, or would they appreciate its natural beauty? Would they tear down the white galleries and palaces and build barbed fortresses and torture chambers in their place?

Also, would they keep the remaining Asur as a slave caste or would they permit the birth of a new generation of HE?

What do you think?

Arnizipal
27-09-2008, 01:32
Ethnic cleansing and repopulating the country wuth true-born Druchii most likely.
I guess they won't mind the buildings all that much, though they may add grisly trophies and executed criminals to the walls.

Condottiere
27-09-2008, 03:00
Highly likely that they'll slaughter, sacrifice and pursue any remaining High Elves, as they perceive them to be heretical and probably unredeemable. Sufficient will be kept around to torture and/or work to death.

Not that it will matter, since tinkering around with the Vortex will end it all soon anyway, before any true alteration happens.

Ward.
27-09-2008, 03:33
Bathe it in High elf blood most likely.

RobC
27-09-2008, 11:01
Celebrate their victory in true dark elf style – then realise they no longer have anything to unite them, and descend into internecine warfare.

Nicha11
27-09-2008, 11:44
Probably destroy the vortex effectively ending the world,
after that who knows?

isidril93
27-09-2008, 19:36
probably realise they never actually hed a plan about whatg to do after the y get it.

sulla
27-09-2008, 23:19
So.

Should the DE win and take over Ulthuan, what would happen?

Undertake a massive redecoration program? :rolleyes:

Ielnar
27-09-2008, 23:54
After conquering Ulthuan Morathi will turn to Malekith and ask "Gee Malekith what are we going to do tonight?"

"The same thing we do every night, mother - try to take over the world."

Yes, in order to make up for the lack of an enemy for the druchii people to focus on conquering in order to hold them together, Malekith will have to try to conquer the world. They will increase slaving attempts so that they can use them for farming the fertile Ulthuan fields and plunder the forests to build more ships but the lack of clear focused hatred to the rest of the world will make them become too focused on destroying each other and their lack of understanding of how to work with the resources rather than just stealing them causes a drop in supplies at a time of increased demand and while a smart leader could help them adapt with wise policies that make them more Asur like, Malekith is insane (curse of khaine and all that) and they would probably do something to mess up the vortex before too low.

Nomad
28-09-2008, 00:28
I doubt that they've really thought about it. Malekith seems too consumed by hatred of the High Elves to think dispassionately and practically about what he would do if he could conquer it. There'd probably be a period of hunting down High Elven survivors, lots of massacres, lots of executions, lots of looting, and then a lot of Dark Elves standing around wondering what to do next. They might even return to Naggaroth.

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
28-09-2008, 00:40
Get very retconned by GW shortly after? :D

Kronos
28-09-2008, 00:53
Nothing imo, somehow the Slann would stop the catastrophe.

If not then perhaps i can see them using the vortex to their advantage, demanding slaves daily etc, like the terrorists of the warhammer world, but instead they want slaves (to rebuild Ulthuan) and their weapon is the ultimate weapon of mass destruction.

Wonder what they would do with all the high elf bodies.......

ryng_sting
28-09-2008, 14:23
Kill High Elves, enslave, celebrate, kill each other.

heretics bane
28-09-2008, 16:19
Feel a sense of achivement before killing each other since all the HE are dead...

Quetzl
28-09-2008, 17:15
I reacon they'd put the kettle on and ave' a nice sit down, like you do after a bit of conquering.

prince_dios
29-09-2008, 04:54
Malekith promptly slumps over dead. Giant civil war ensues.

DigbyWeapon
29-09-2008, 04:58
Malekith would crack open a can of Jim Beam, gulp it down, and throw a nice big Massacre.

Well we can always hope right?

Digby

gorenut
29-09-2008, 05:26
Highly likely that they'll slaughter, sacrifice and pursue any remaining High Elves, as they perceive them to be heretical and probably unredeemable. Sufficient will be kept around to torture and/or work to death.

Not that it will matter, since tinkering around with the Vortex will end it all soon anyway, before any true alteration happens.

I think messing with the vortex was simply a desperation tactic against the High Elves. If they have already defeated the High Elves without opening the vortex.. I would see the DE eventually taking steps towards conquering the rest of the world.

Estonianzulu
29-09-2008, 13:52
Collapse into total anarchy as the only thing really holding the Dark Elves together in a cohesive(ish) state is their enenmies.

Jack of Blades
29-09-2008, 14:26
I think the Dark Elves would turn into the elf version of the Empire, except leaning a lot to the black side on the shades-of-grey ''morale'' scale. They'd probably take up the role of keeping Chaos from running over the world with the use of the vortex, not because it saves the world but because it saves them. Anarchy is very possible as well, and now that I think about it, the most likely thing to happen. For example look at what happened with Alexander the Great's ''empire'' after he died.

Ethlorien
29-09-2008, 20:03
I think the Dark Elves would become the nobles of the island, while the high elves would be their peasantry. Malekith would be a cold, hard ruler and allow his cultists and witches to do as he pleases - but things would get done and they'd build up armies enough to take over the world.

Chapulin
30-09-2008, 07:58
start looking for some real state agents

Scorpioni
30-09-2008, 08:12
Malekith probably knows (or will know) that a common enemy is all that unites his people. They will settle in Ulthuan as well as Naggaroth and he will spread rumours of Asur having fled to Athel Loren and seeking shelter there ;) And so it begins again, just on an even larger scale.

Zherghegg
30-09-2008, 10:50
I dont want to derail the thread here, but is the vortex the other side of the great maw? What is the vortex?

grhino
30-09-2008, 11:04
I don't think the Dark Elves would be able to take over Ulthuan. Alliances with for example the empite have been forged before and would be forged again if Ulthuan would really be overrun (again). The Empire should now, after the Great War, see that they can not just manage on their own. They have to keep their allies safe, in order to be safe themselves (NATO-ish). Also a potential outcome would be the re-awakening of the mighty wyrms of Caledor - no army or enemy can stand against the full might of the High Elves and the Dragons who live on their island.

stormblade
30-09-2008, 12:46
I think the Dark Elves would become the nobles of the island, while the high elves would be their peasantry. Malekith would be a cold, hard ruler and allow his cultists and witches to do as he pleases - but things would get done and they'd build up armies enough to take over the world.

Sounds a bit like England:D

On topic I'd say that they would just try to find new enemies or fall into anarchy and get eaten by orcs.

Jack of Blades
30-09-2008, 14:20
I dont want to derail the thread here, but is the vortex the other side of the great maw? What is the vortex?

The vortex is the reason Chaos hasn't overrun the world yet. See it as an anti-Chaos black hole. If it wouldn't be there, the Daemons could appear at will, anytime, anywhere, no matter how powerful they are. But because it's there and keeping the winds of Chaos in check, we have the current state of Chaos. It also holds a lot of powerful mages as well as Caledor Dragontamer (IIRC, might have been another Caledor but I'm 99% sure it was the Dragontamer), so the Dark Elves would likely get their asses kicked if they tried to do something with the vortex (like last time they tried).

Arnizipal
30-09-2008, 21:54
I don't think the Dark Elves would be able to take over Ulthuan. Alliances with for example the empite have been forged before and would be forged again if Ulthuan would really be overrun (again). The Empire should now, after the Great War, see that they can not just manage on their own. They have to keep their allies safe, in order to be safe themselves (NATO-ish). Also a potential outcome would be the re-awakening of the mighty wyrms of Caledor - no army or enemy can stand against the full might of the High Elves and the Dragons who live on their island.
The High Elves are too proud to call in assistance of a foreign nation in the defence of their homeland. Even at the most dire of times they just fought stoicly on, even going so far as to let civilians take up arms instead of calling on their allies.

Also, the problem with dragons is that they can't be awoken. Either they awake by themsleves or they just stay asleep. Very rarely an Elf manages to awaken one, but these are usually the younger and less powerful ones.

Mannfred
04-10-2008, 14:45
haha yeah someone said something really gawd above; honestly i don't think like Malekith would ever actually conquer Ulthuan because he needs to keep his people together; but yeah even if he does conquer the High Elves he'd drag like 50% of the High Elves and just be like "See you scum in like another 10 years" and just sail off in the Black Arks...