PDA

View Full Version : Change to dwarf 2000pt list

maze ironheart
27-09-2008, 10:40
Ok so I was at my local GW played a few games and saw that it was time for me to make some changes the manager said I have to many close combat units and I should have alittle more shooting so heres my old list.

(Hero Choice)

1-Thane with master rune of swiftness and 2 runes of cleaving and rune of stone.137pts

1-Thane with BSB upgrade with master rune of grungni and the rune of battle.165pts

1-Runesmith with rune of spell breaking and rune of stone and a hand weapon and a great weapon.106pts

(Core Choice)

19-Dwarf worriors with fullcommand and shields.196pts

19-Longbeards with fullcommand and shields.253pts

10-Quarrellers with shields.120pts

(Special Choice)

19-Ironbreakers with fullcommand.277pts

15-Troll slayers with standard bearer and musicain.183pts

1-Bolt thower with rune of penetrating and rune of burning and an engineer.90pts

1-Bolt thower with rune of penetrating and an engineer.85pts

(Rare Choice)

1-Organ gun.120pts

1-Gyrocopter.140pts

totol-1992pts

At first I thought no I have enough but after a few battles I saw that some things had to change first off I saw though my army has 5 despell dice I need more runes of spell breaking.Secondly I saw my bolt throwers not doing well agianst wood elf and skink fest armys and my ironbreakers true have a good save but if they were stubborn they would not leave the table at all plus players always toke the cheap shot on my BSB and as for the slayers the got shot to death before they could fulfil their role.So I've come up with a new list I just need some advise on is it ok and how to improve it please.

(Hero Choice)

1-Thane with a great weapon and the master rune of gromril and the rune of resistance and rune of perservation.134pts

He gets a +1 armour save and he can re-roll failed armour saves is immune to killing blow and poisoned attacks and has +2 strength.

1-Thane with BSB upgrade with master rune of grungni and the rune of guarding.170pts

He gets a 4+ armour save a 5+ ward save and gives other units that are withing 6 a 5+ward save against magic missiles and shooting.

1-Runesmith with 2 runes of spell breaking and a hand weapon and shield.122pts

2 despell scrolls to stop spells that are nasty to dwarfs.

(Core Choice)

19-Longbeards with fullcommand and shields.253pts

(Special Choice)

19-hammerers with shields and great weapons.277pts

Basiclly the BSB gose here have fun trying to move this unit.

1-Cannon with engineer.105ptspts

1-Cannon with engineer.105ptspts

Both cannons have engineers to change any bad misfire results so less chance blowing up

(Rare Choice)

1-Organ gun.120pts

1-Gyrocopter.140pts

has always gone warmachine hunting.

totol-1862pts

So what you think is it better I was thinking of adding ether a bolt thrower to cut down ranks or another cannon or a Grudge thrower.

Scooner
27-09-2008, 21:20
id take a bolt thrower. i have to fight numerous dwarf armies and i hate to go against a bolt thrower. banes of my life.

against horde armies its evil and heavy armoured smaller armies your larffing!!

maze ironheart
28-09-2008, 09:38
id take a bolt thrower. i have to fight numerous dwarf armies and i hate to go against a bolt thrower. banes of my life.

against horde armies its evil and heavy armoured smaller armies your larffing!!

Ok so take a bolt thrower should I give it some runes like rune of penatrating also I am thinking of dropping both engineers on the cannons replace them have them like this.

1-Cannon with rune of Forgeing and rune of burning.130ptspts

1-Cannon with rune of Forgeing.125ptspts

Basiclly I can avoid a misfire and if the don't bounce I can re=roll the misfire.

maze ironheart
29-09-2008, 09:03
Anyone got any advice please is my idea to have 2 cannons with rune of forgeing and a bolt thrower with rune of penetrating a good idea or not.

gortexgunnerson
29-09-2008, 12:41
I have always found the combo of a cannon and a stone thrower the most effective combo

Cannon rune of forging
Stone thrower rune of accuracy

This gives you a snipe shot and a unit killer a very nasty combo if you know what you doing.

Overall I think a dwarf lord is a winner, especially if you are giving them the rune of preservation. As a lord on shieldbearers is immune to killer blow and has additional attacks and a 1+ save with a sheild. This gioves them everything the thane has and you can then beef up the weapons/items list.

Think your over booked with giving your BSB the save rune and the save rune for all units against shooting. Better protection is put a character with always strikes first next to him and try and kill of the units front rank. If they come with characters challenge to protect your BSB. T5 and 4+ save against normal troops should keep him safish, the extra ward is abit of a points waste IMO.

maze ironheart
30-09-2008, 09:21
I have always found the combo of a cannon and a stone thrower the most effective combo

Cannon rune of forging
Stone thrower rune of accuracy

This gives you a snipe shot and a unit killer a very nasty combo if you know what you doing.

Overall I think a dwarf lord is a winner, especially if you are giving them the rune of preservation. As a lord on shieldbearers is immune to killer blow and has additional attacks and a 1+ save with a sheild. This gioves them everything the thane has and you can then beef up the weapons/items list.

Think your over booked with giving your BSB the save rune and the save rune for all units against shooting. Better protection is put a character with always strikes first next to him and try and kill of the units front rank. If they come with characters challenge to protect your BSB. T5 and 4+ save against normal troops should keep him safish, the extra ward is abit of a points waste IMO.

Thanks I'll have a think on the grudge thrower as for the dwarf lord People tend to avoid them at my local GW I was thinking giving my thane a oath stone and putting him in the hammerers.

maze ironheart
30-09-2008, 10:07
I have this list on another web site and it's been said I should drop the BSB and give the master rune of grungni to the hammerers would give me some more points anyone aggree.

maze ironheart
30-09-2008, 12:50
Ok have had some thoughts on what else to do so here is a new list.

(Lord Choice)

1-Dwarf Lord with great weapon with master rune kragg the grim and rune of fury and the master rune of gromril with rune of resistance and the rune of persevation and a oath stone.291

He sits in the hammerers they benefit his royal blood rule and he is very hard to kill and sneaky brettonian players can't try to avoid fighting him due to the oath stone.

(Hero Choice)

1-Thane with Hand weapon with shield with master rune of swiftness and rune of cleaving and rune of might and rune of stone.142pts

His job fight in a challange and when some on is toughness 5 he doubles in strength and always strikes first.

(Core Choice)

19-Longbeards with Standard bearer and musicain and shields with master rune of grungni.293pts

Basiclly they help keep my dwarfs alive not only with their old grumblers rule help but their banner will too.

(Special Choice)

19-hammerers with standard bearer and musicain and the rune of battle.290pts

1-Cannon with Rune of the forge.125pts

1-Bolt thower with rune of penetrating and rune of burning and an engineer.90pts

1-Bolt thower with rune of penetrating and an engineer.85pts

(Rare Choice)

1-Organ gun.120pts

Totol-1994pts

So what you think better or worse.

maze ironheart
01-10-2008, 10:14
Ok have had a rethink on the list heres an update one.

(Hero Choice)

1-Thane with great weapon master rune of gromril and rune of resistance and the rune of persevation and an oath stone.154pts

Basiclly the lord would be avoided and that would do me no good so he is just as good.

1-Thane with Hand weapon with shield with master rune of swiftness and rune of cleaving and rune of might and rune of stone.142pts

His job fight in a challange and when some on is toughness 5 he doubles in strength and always strikes first.

(Core Choice)

19-Longbeards with Standard bearer and musicain and shields with master rune of grungni.293pts

Basiclly they help keep my dwarfs alive not only with their old grumblers rule help but their banner will too.

(Special Choice)

19-hammerers with standard bearer and musicain and the rune of battle and the rune of stoicism.305pts

I have no need to worry about fear as they out number the enemy.

1-Cannon with Rune of the forge.125pts

1-Bolt thower with engineer.60pts

1-Bolt thower with engineer.60pts

(Rare Choice)

1-Organ gun.120pts

1-Gyrocopter

Totol-1997pts

So what you think better or worse it was better to remove the lord due to him being easy to avoid plus the thanes just as good so anyone think it needs anything else.

Makarion
01-10-2008, 15:41
Why would a unit of 19+1 hammerers outnumber the enemy? Maybe against elves, but if you're up against humans, skaven or greenskins, expect blocks of at least 25.

maze ironheart
01-10-2008, 18:38
Why would a unit of 19+1 hammerers outnumber the enemy? Maybe against elves, but if you're up against humans, skaven or greenskins, expect blocks of at least 25.

The rune of stoicism the unit count asdoubles it's unit strength of the unit so they would be 40 only in combat and fear and terror can only make you roll double ones to stay if they out number you.

Makarion
01-10-2008, 23:48
Ah, that should work nicely then, yes. I still feel that blocks of exactly 20 are not a good idea, but at least your argument holds steady :).