PDA

View Full Version : HE Chrace Themed List

Deakor
27-09-2008, 15:36
Hello all.

I'm working on putting together a HE army. I dig the imagery and vibe of the White Lions, so I'm trying to theme my army around them. I don't have a ton of experience writing army lists, so any advice would be most appreciated.

1500 Point List

Heroes - 315 Points

1. Korhil (for obvious reasons given the theme)

2. Mage (Upgrade to Level 2; 2 Dispel Scrolls)

Core - 395 Points

1. Spearmen x20 (Full Command, Banner of Ellyrion)

2. Archers x15 (Hawkeye) - note: Mage hides here

Special - 687 Points

1. White Lions x15 (Full Command) - note: Korhil likely to go here, so I might cut it down to 14

2. Lion Chariot

3. "Lion Princes" (count as Dragon Princes) x5 (Full Command) - I'm doing conversions here and using Lions from the chariot sprues serve as the mounts. They will count as DPs and follow all DP rules.

4. Shadow Warriors x5 (Shadow Walker) - given the proximity of Chrace and Nagarythe, I thought it would still work thematically to have a small group of SW scouts in the army. I like the models and the idea behind the SWs, even though I understand that they aren't considered the best choice for an army.

Rare - 100 Points

1. Repeater Bolt Thrower

Total: 1497 Points

To expand up to 2000 I plan to add:

1. White Lions x15 (Full Command)
2. Lion Chariot
3. Repeater Bolt Thrower

This would put me up to 1992 Points. To get to 2250, I am thinking about doing a mounted prince (on a lion counting as a barded elven steed) and sending him out with the "Lion Princes"

Any thoughts/comments/advice appreciated. I'm trying to toe a line between having a really nicely themed army while still maintaining some kind of gaming practicality. I know that there are probably "better" combinations out there, but I'm deliberately trying to keep to a Chrace-centered theme.

Kalec
27-09-2008, 18:18
For larger games, how about a highborn on a Griffon? Just model it as a huge lion that can "jump" like a flyer. It would serve as an excellent centerpiece, if nothing else.

WhiteKnight
27-09-2008, 20:49
The mage really should be in the spearmen, not the archers. Overall, its a solid list close combat wise. I like the idea of Lion Princes. For the riders, I would want to see you try using the charioteers but add the lances and shields from the DPs.

Deakor
29-09-2008, 13:23
Thanks for the thoughts guys.

For the Lion Princes, what I've done so far is take the Lion cloak bits, etc. from the Chariot kit and combined them with a Silver Helm kit that I had to create the riders. I may look at getting the DP shields to use instead of the SH ones.

The Silver Helm legs work pretty well on the lions...just need a bit of filing down so that they don't stick up too badly.

Se7en
01-10-2008, 13:01
A Manticore would be awesome for a chrace princes mount just painted same as your lions tho maybe do something with its tail?

LION
01-10-2008, 19:52
:)I like the theme. A matching Manitcore would be an interesting conversion, but regardless a 3rd Lion Chariot is a Tactical must totaly in keeping with your armies background fluff LION

emperorpenguin
01-10-2008, 21:52
For larger games, how about a highborn on a Griffon? Just model it as a huge lion that can "jump" like a flyer. It would serve as an excellent centerpiece, if nothing else.

A Manticore would be awesome for a chrace princes mount just painted same as your lions tho maybe do something with its tail?

I agree with mounting him on a Manticore, just treat it as a Griffon for rules. Paint it as a giant white lion, that's how I painted my Dark Elf manticore

Deakor
02-10-2008, 01:38
Thanks for the input guys.

I'm digging the Manticore idea. Not having seen one of the kits (just pictures since the idea was first suggested) can anyone answer a question or two?

1. The wings are separate pieces, correct?

2. What size bases are griffon typically found on? 50 mm? I think having it count as a griffon makes the most sense.

Thanks for the encouragement and ideas!

Kalec
02-10-2008, 01:53
The manticore uses the same base the griffon does, whatever size that is.

NecronBob
02-10-2008, 02:25
I'd put Korhil in the spears not the white lions. He'll make them stubborn, and with two stubborn blocks, you should be good to hold the line. He adds a lot more there than he does to the lions.

emperorpenguin
02-10-2008, 09:35
1. The wings are separate pieces, correct?

2. What size bases are griffon typically found on? 50 mm? !

Yes the wings are plastic dragon wings, both use the same base size

I'd put Korhil in the spears not the white lions. He'll make them stubborn, and with two stubborn blocks, you should be good to hold the line. He adds a lot more there than he does to the lions.

Not really in keeping with fluff though to have the White Lion captain commanding spears.....

WhiteKnight
02-10-2008, 16:10
Necronbob has a good point. That would seriously dominate against psychological opponents like undead.