PDA

View Full Version : Is this cheesy?

moose
27-09-2008, 22:14
With all the talk on how all daemons are unbalanced and cheesy on these forums, it got me thinking about my army list. Whether i'm playing a supoosedly unfair army and being WAAC as we all supposedly are...since daemons of course breaks the game, ruins lives, and steals wives.

So, here's my standard 2500pt army;

1 - Keeper of Secrets N'Ulyerian - Level 4, Spirit Swallower - 670

1 - Masque of Slaanesh - - 90
1 - Herald of Slaanesh - Etherblade, Level 1 - 190
1 - Herald of Slaanesh - BSB, Great Standard of Sundering, Level 1 - 210

18 - Daemonettes of Slaanesh - FC - 246
21 - Daemonettes of Slaanesh - FC - 282
21 - Daemonettes of Slaanesh - FC - 282

6 - Seekers of Slaanesh - Champion - 156
5 - Seekers of Slaanesh - Champion - 132
5 - Seekers of Slaanesh - Champion - 132

2 - Fiends of Slaanesh - - 110

Thoughts?

Moose.

Lazarus15
28-09-2008, 06:00
I think that is a great themed list, that will be brittle enough to make it challenging, but powerful enough to really mess enemies up when played correctly. That being said, there is only one thing I would do differently, and that is to switch one of the squads of seekers for more Fiends.

Lord Aislinn
28-09-2008, 07:18
By tying up your opponents missile troops with Seekers (And fiends if there move is enough?), you take out a really big threat, however your opponent still has 2 rounds of shooting at them, and you have no scouts to be straight on their backs.

Lord Aislinn
28-09-2008, 07:19
Scratch that last, you've got masque, thats enough :P

von_Griff
28-09-2008, 07:21
One of the least "cheesy" daemon armies I've seen.

Besides, if it's legal in the book, I personally don't care what you play- a challenging game is a lot more fun than steam rolling your opponent.

But yea, don't see too many DoC armies that keep it all in the same faction.

moose
28-09-2008, 13:01
Thanks for the repies guys, nice to know it doesn't sound too bad!

@Lazarus15: Cheers for the tip, i'm working on getting some fiends to expand my list as they're pretty awesome. However I just got the FW KoS so it might be a while until I do!

@Lord Aislinn: Both fiends and seekers are M10 so hopefully they'll get a second turn charge against gunlines and the like! I think shooting and magic heavy armies will be my biggest downfall!

@von_Griff: I just love the Slaanesh fluff, and don't see any room for the other's just yet! :)

Moose.

EvC
28-09-2008, 13:41
Nice army, not really cheesy, except for the inclusion of the underpriced special character.

Drow__Warrior
28-09-2008, 13:51
'Quote' Moose - "@von_Griff: I just love the Slaanesh Fluff "

Don't lie, you just love the excessive amount of daemonic bewbage showin. ;)

Joking aside, I like your list. Sounds like it would make for some fun games. I'm with Von_Griff though as well. If its legal, play it.

Lennart.nevanoja
28-09-2008, 15:32
i have seen some horrible armies, this is not the worst but not an poor one either on the scale of cheese

Lord Aislinn
28-09-2008, 16:56
Well, then you should be covered against most gunlines then, but beware of those pesky HE archers, your fiends'll laugh, but I'm not too sure about those seekers...

And yeah, I wouldn't say it was the cheesiest thing I've seen, however shouldn't perform too badly.

I also like the fact you've stuck to one god, whilst it isn't the most effective playstyle, I feel it's funner to play against and with (unless its bloody nurgle).

Good luck with it!