PDA

View Full Version : chaos daemons and marks

Jesse
12-11-2005, 10:01
can you give daemons ie screamers/horrors the mark of tzeentch or their correponding god. i may have massively underread the army book and missed the explanation
cheers
jesse

Griefbringer
12-11-2005, 10:22
You cannot buy daemons marks of gods, unless their description specifically allows it (I think it is only possible for daemon princes and exalted daemons).

Jesse
12-11-2005, 11:57
k thanks, simple explanation. thats what i thought but just wanted to check
:)

Flame
12-11-2005, 17:10
Although remember that for army composition purposed they are assumed to have the mark of their relevent god- i.e. you could not have a unit of bloodletters in an otherwise all slaaneshi army for example.

Vogon
30-11-2005, 10:58
Sorry to drag this one back up but it is relavant.

So regarding what Flame said, a unit of daemonettes in a beast army would allow me to take a slaanesh marked character in the abscence of any other slaanesh marked unit?

Cheers

Vogon

Atrahasis
30-11-2005, 11:07
Yes, daemons count as marked by their god for army selection.

Vogon
30-11-2005, 11:27
great thanks a lot.

Vogon

Major Defense
30-11-2005, 12:45
This is breaching the obvious but...a character can only join a unit of demons if they have the corresponding mark.

I don't think that there are any undivided demons?

Flame
30-11-2005, 12:55
Furies I think, and two demon characters can both join together if they are both carrying the mark of undivided.

Also remember beasts or mortals cannot join demons, and neither can demons join them.

Selsaral
30-11-2005, 16:39
This is breaching the obvious but...a character can only join a unit of demons if they have the corresponding mark.

I don't think that there are any undivided demons?

Furies are, but since they are flyers, nothing can join them.

Gorbad Ironclaw
01-12-2005, 07:23

A character can only join a demon unit if he is himself demonic. You can't have a mortal hero in a demon unit.

No mixing of different types of break tests in a single unit anymore(not the actual wording, but thats the general idea).