PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Vampire Count

ntin
29-09-2008, 02:33
I played Warhammer 40k for several years and wanted to give fantasy a try for something different. Nothing very fancy Zombies are rode bumps for the Skeletons and Grave Guards with attached Vampires. Dire Wolves and Vargulf pick off broken units, hit war machines or lone heroes. The Vampire Lord stays in the back and summons like crazy.

Heros:

Vampire Lord 380 points
Flayed Hauberk, Sceptre de Noirot, Wristbands of Black Gold, Lord of the Dead, Master of the Black Arts, Dark Acolyte

Vampire 120 points

Vampire 120 points

Core:

Skeleton Warriors 147 points x15
Musician and Standard Bearer, Spears

Zombies 80 points x20

Zombies 80 points x20

Zombies 80 points x20

Zombies 80 points x20

Dire Wolves 40 points x5

Dire Wolves 40 points x5

Dire Wolves 40 points x5

Dire Wolves 40 points x5

Special:

Grave Guard 138 points x9
Full Company

Grave Guard 138 points x9
Full Company

Rare:

Varghulf 175 points

Makina
29-09-2008, 07:03
You don't really have anything that can hit hard besides the Vargluf, I'd suggest getting something like Black Knights or Wraiths in there.

Hvidponi
29-09-2008, 08:32
I dont see the point in the skeletons? Anyways, never buy spears, they are worse than hand weapons and costs more... You can raise zombie units from nothing, so no reason to start with 4 of them on the board, i would say max 2... dire wolves are great, but you could use some of the points better, so i would stick to 2... you cant raise the grave guard units over starting size, so they are way too small... people can kill them off with 1 round of shooting or 1 round of combat, and then you cant raise them at all... you need at least 15 (14), but I would try to get eve more... Your vampires will die like flies... at least give one of them the gem of blood, and possible the other that armour that makes you strike first... And yes, you will probably need some hitting power... Basically, you got way to many core units, an they are just not that good compared to the rare section...

ntin
29-09-2008, 23:32
Why are spears bad? they let two ranks fight and give an extra strength on a charge.

Heros:

Vampire Lord 415 points
Flayed Hauberk, Wristbands of Black Gold, Talisman of the Lycni, Lord of the Dead, Master of the Black Arts, Dark Acolyte, Level 3 Upgrade

Vampire 168 points /w Blood Knights
Sword of Might, Avatar of Death (Shield), Supernatural Horror, Nightmare

Necromancer 55 points /w 14 Skeleton unit

Core:

Skeleton Warriors 146 points x15

Skeleton Warriors 138points x14

Skeleton Warriors 146 points x15

Zombies 80 points x20

Zombies 80 points x20

Dire Wolves 40 points x5

Dire Wolves 40 points x5

Rare:

Varghulf 175 points

Blood Knights 515 points x8
Full Company, Banner of the Dread Legion

Gokamok
30-09-2008, 11:59
Why are spears bad? they let two ranks fight and give an extra strength on a charge.

You might wish to consult the rulebook once more;)

Spears allow infantry to fight in two ranks, unless they're charging, in which case it's only 1 rank.
In the case of cavalry, spears add +1 strength on the charge.

The drawback of using spears is that fighting with hand weapon and shield gives you a +1 bonus to armour save in close combat, meaning that your skeletons will take more casualties, and likely still be unable to do much damage because of their horrible stats.