PDA

View Full Version : I Own the Lustria book

AngelofSorrow
25-04-2005, 06:27
If u have any questions I will do my best to answer them as quickly and efficiently as possible
Thank You

Your Questions will be answered by late tomorrow night US Central Time

Nazguire
25-04-2005, 06:30
If u have any questions I will do my best to answer them as quickly and efficiently as possible
Thank You

Your Questions will be answered by late tomorrow night US Central Time

Could you please answer these

1. Any specific magic items for the two lists?
2. Detail the Encounters phase
3. Are the Vampire Pirates of the Vampire Coast in the book?
4. Specific Special Characters and their rules, or some of them at least
5. How powerful is this Engine of the Gods?
6. How effective do you believe each of the lists are in detail

Thanks

AngelofSorrow
25-04-2005, 06:41
I dont have the book on me as I am at work

1. Yes a few not many though
2.tomorrow night
3. No they are in a booklet that comes with US WD 304
4. Just Tenehauin and Nurglitch
tenehauin can only join units of Swarms and if he does he is unbreakable he is WS6 lol hes one hell of a skink he has a special blade which functions as dagger of sotek with +1 S 4+ ward save virtually immune to Plague stuff cast or used by Skaven

Nurglitch Very Powful around the same stats as Tenehauin and the Rat and the guy on his base have a combined profile so hes tough
5+ Ward special disease he carries has a plague censer and a few other things i will detail later
5. VERY Take a Stegadon. Take off the Skinks. Put a move and fire stone thrower on it and that is the engine. IF U MISFIRE U LOSE THE WHOLE MODEL
6. The two lists are really made to fight eachother but the Plague Host can be more effective against other armies

Aeris Green Finger
25-04-2005, 07:24
which are the two lists

AngelofSorrow
25-04-2005, 07:29
The Red Host of Tenehauin
and the Bubonic Court of Nurglitch

Sepheroph
25-04-2005, 07:32
The Engine is also magical, and flaming, with it's attacks...very scary, since its got a billion unit strength and impact hit's as well. It may as well be a super-scrapalauncha, or perhaps just the unassailable war machine of doom ><

AngelofSorrow
25-04-2005, 07:33
I forgot about flaming and Magical its US is 8

AngelofSorrow
25-04-2005, 07:37
It is not unassailable ive already taken one out. I made it break and run from my TK chariots

adreal
25-04-2005, 12:06
So is the warmachine a conversion? and is it usable in normal lizardmen armies?

StarFyre
27-04-2005, 02:48
NO, it's not usable in regular or southlands lists. Only in the new list.

Also, it's not it dies on a misfire.

It's removed from play if you roll a misfire and then a 1 on a d6.

Sanjay

Imus
27-04-2005, 11:14
It is a converision and so is the pot or whatever of a thousnd plagues!

adreal
27-04-2005, 11:27
hmm okie dokie

Sir_Glonojad
27-04-2005, 11:44
Well, a store manager (but NOT a GW store manager ;) ) told me on Sunday, that the Machine of the Old Ones will be on sale. So maybe a conversion pack?

75hastings69
27-04-2005, 12:15
The engine of the gods WILL NOT be on sale, it is a conversion of an old plastic dinosaur model, worked heavily with sculpted additions, with a head and tail from the carnosaur model. The piece on it's back is made of various bits from the lizardmen plastics. Sorry to dissapoint, I was told this by a red shirt, who had been to GW HQ for some meeting, and saw the model, asked questions about it, and above was the answer he was given. I wish FW would turn their hand to this one!!!!!!

Although i didn't ask i beleive that the cauldron is also a conversion/custom build, as it appears nowhere on the releases list for the next 8 months (the last one i saw went as far as xmas, and detailed Black Templars SM for Xmas release).

Sgt John Keel
27-04-2005, 15:30
The engine of the gods WILL NOT be on sale, it is a conversion of an old plastic dinosaur model, worked heavily with sculpted additions, with a head and tail from the carnosaur model. The piece on it's back is made of various bits from the lizardmen plastics. Sorry to dissapoint, I was told this by a red shirt, who had been to GW HQ for some meeting, and saw the model, asked questions about it, and above was the answer he was given. I wish FW would turn their hand to this one!!!!!!

Huh? As far as I knew, it was made with the Kroot Great Knarloc as base.

Anyway, is there rules for Finubar the Seafarer in the book or not?

/Adrian

therat
27-04-2005, 21:54
What are the rules on the cauldron of a thousand poxes?

twisted_mentat
28-04-2005, 00:34
From what i gathered its something like the Idol of Gork....you're given a vauge idea of what its suppost to look like, but go to town on it...

My favoreite part of the Lustria book is the random events...

MOnkey's!!!

AngelofSorrow
28-04-2005, 05:29
I apologize for the Delay in answers there were unexpected family problems that were ruinnig my life anyway

Finubar? NO

Here is what the Cauldron does.
Works exacltly as Screaming Bell with Following Exceptions

The cauldron can only be fielded with Plague monks and and they never lose frenzy while cauldron is present

Not used in shooting phase ignore Ringing the Bell chart.
Instead it allows the Pontifex (level 2 wizard lord character) to cast plague once a magic phase as a bound spell from an item

If it is hit with a S7 Weapon and passes ward save it suffers no other effects

To determine Power LVL of Plague the Pontifex can decide how many dice he wants to use 1,2, or 3 The total of the Dice rolled is the power level if 13 is rolled it is irresistable If the dice rolled have a double or treble result the pontifex and the unit with the cauldron will suffer exactly the same effects as those caused by a double or treble when ringing the screaming bell

AngelofSorrow
28-04-2005, 05:40
Bubonic Court of Nurglitch
Lords
Nurglitch (Compulsory)
Plague Lord
Plague Pontifex
Heroes
Plague Priest
Festering Chantor
Stinking Thing
Core
1+ Plague Monks
0-1 Plague Rat Swarm
Rotten Rodents
Pusbags
Special
Plague Censer Bearers (not subject to disciples rule)
Frothing Giant Rats
Rare
Mad Rat Ogres
Rat Spawn

Red Host of Tenehauin
Lords
Tenehauin (Compulsory)
Saurus Old Blood
Heroes
Skink Chiefs 2 per hero choice 75 pts of Magic Items
Skink Priest
Scar Veteran
Core
Red Crested Skinks
Skink Skirmishers
Saurus Warriors
0-1 Jungle Swarms
Lesser Swarms do not count towards core
Special
Saurus Cav
Kroxigors
Terradons
Rare
Chameleon Skinks
Salamander Hunting Packs
Engine of the Gods

75hastings69
28-04-2005, 17:34
Huh? As far as I knew, it was made with the Kroot Great Knarloc as base./Adrian

No sorry it is definately not knarloc, base model is old kids plastic dinosaur, which has been heavily added to with green stuff, the head and tail are off the carnosaur (grymloq?), the weapon is made using bits from the plastic lizardmen kits, and a desktop ornament (like the swinging ball bearings type thing) of rings that dangle and spin around inside each other, this has also green stuff added to it, and suitably painted, it looks like it is floating but it actually has part of a flying stand holding it, which has been airbrushed out for the pictures in the book.

WD will be running articles on how to convert your own EotG, and i believe some stores will also be running conversion classes to make the beast.

GW really wanted to make the beast, but apparently they did not beleive that they would sell enough to make it worthwhile making a plastic set (LOTR Mumak anyone?!?!?!?!?).

Let's all get together and e-mail GW and tell them it would be viable to make and sell. I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arbiter
28-04-2005, 22:00
Are there any skinks which can have bows and are on foot?

ElfSpeaker
28-04-2005, 23:12
What stuff is there in the book for Elves? (all kinds there of)

Avian
29-04-2005, 09:44
Are there any skinks which can have bows and are on foot?
No, there aren't.

A bit of fluff on the Citadel of Dusk and Dark Elf slave raids, though nothing interesting.

Xxcha
29-04-2005, 12:42
What are the differences betwwen red crested skinks and the normal ones

Avian
29-04-2005, 14:21
What are the differences betwwen red crested skinks and the normal ones
-Hate skaven
-Move through jungle/woods without penalty
-Only affected by censer bearers on a 6 (insted of on a 3+!)
-Immune to poison

They are a ranked unit and come with hand weapon and shield for 7(!) pts each.

And they have the Mark of Sotek (though all skinks in the army has this)

Sir_Glonojad
29-04-2005, 14:59
Well, seven points for a T2 Sv5+ unit is a little a lot, isn't it...

Avian
29-04-2005, 15:48
Yeah, it is.
I think you will find that a lot of the new Lustria units are somewhat more expensive than you'd have thought. For example, the Pestilens Slave units are worse than normal and cost 50% more.
While on one hand it's nice that the units are not underpriced, at least, I think they may have set the "safety margin" a bit high on most of these things.

A notable exception is the Engine of the Gods, which is IMNPHO better than a normal Stegadon (no skinks but a move-and-fire stone thrower instead of a bolt thrower) and costs 20 pts less.

It's helped a bit in the skinks' case by the fact that the Pestilens guys have no shooting at all (and not particularly great magic) and the skinks can usually be relied upon to get the charge (and get 2 attacks with a re-roll to hit when they do).

Sir_Glonojad
01-05-2005, 21:19
Oh well, I guess that these armies should, first and foremost, be viewed in the context of fighting each other, since it is a "historical' campaign.
I do know they supposedly are tournament-legal, though I am afraid that they won't be very competetive due to this "safe mode" in points evaluation. A pity, since a Moulder army could be a nice and fresh (for a plague clan :eek:) alternative to the SAD... oh well, we will see, won't we? ;)

Drognan
08-05-2005, 03:08
What about the Encounters phase??? Any details on that?

GodHead
08-05-2005, 03:51
The pre-game events are generally alright, a couple stand out as ridiculous.

The in game encounters range from useless to totally unfair. Once they're on the table they're generally just avoided...

Not great in my opinion. Just more random events to distract from using actual tactics in the game.

athamas
08-05-2005, 10:22
is there anything on High elves in the book?

Drognan
08-05-2005, 14:59
is there anything on High elves in the book?

It's been answer already

A bit of fluff on the Citadel of Dusk and Dark Elf slave raids, though nothing interesting.

gortexgunnerson
20-05-2005, 14:03
I think 7 points for red creasted skinks is pretty reasonable considering they are a ranked up unit that can move through terrain freely. In the campaign at the nottingham store a guy is using them to good effect as he just salamanders armies as they come towards him and then slams combat units with flank charges from behind scenary. Which is pretty affective and is nice to see a skink based unit that doesn't just run around in circles shooting.

Although I must confess to not having actually seen the book.

Also in answer to the tournment question the armies will probably be illegal due the need of special characters which are ruled out in most tournies! The games development team have sent out an communica saying the army is illegal below 2000 and shouldnt be taken without the lord special character. However somewhere else on portent from direwolfFAQ or something like that is quoted as an article from pete haines (I think or some GW top boy) as saying the list can be played without them.

So you never know but personally I think they shouldn't be and niether should the storm of Choas armies which are just too strong and abit unfair against traditional armies.

Mark of Wulfen
23-05-2005, 08:37
But then who would buy new models for an army they couldn't use against everyone... seems like utter "Holy crap Batman"....

I kind of want to do these Lizzies, but I want to do my new 40k army too... and my fantasy Chaos (1500 pts)... :P

Bah, damn Fantasy.