PDA

View Full Version : Of characters with superior movement

narrativium
29-09-2008, 09:54
I have a unit in combat, and the unit includes a character. The unit wins combat, and must decide whether or not to pursue. Is it permissible for the character to leave the unit and pursue on their own, leaving the unit behind?

The rules say they can't leave the unit while it's in combat or fleeing... if pursuing, is it still in combat? Do I have to restrain the unit - perhaps on its own Leadership, rather than the character's?

I'm interested because some characters have Movement 7 or higher while the unit they're in may be M6 or lower - Vampires with the Talisman of Lycni, Tyrants with Longstrider, etc. - the 3D6 pursuit would be a nice surprise.

DeathlessDraich
29-09-2008, 10:13
The unit *must* pursue if it wins combat and makes only 1 test to restrain - pg 40.

If the unit successfully restrains pursuit,
Since the character is part of the unit (which has restrained) - Characters chapter, he cannot therefore pursue out of the unit.

BEEGfrog
02-10-2008, 15:44
The unit *must* pursue if it wins combat and makes only 1 test to restrain - pg 40.

If the unit successfully restrains pursuit,
Since the character is part of the unit (which has restrained) - Characters chapter, he cannot therefore pursue out of the unit.

Also, 1st sentence of pg 74 expressly states characters cannot leave until after pursuit.

narrativium
02-10-2008, 17:01
Ah, so it does. Thanks.