PDA

View Full Version : Is my 2250 Tourney Empire army beardy?

Andrew Taon
29-09-2008, 17:26
Here is the army I've been toying with in my mind for a while. Its the most competitive list I've been able to come up with not using the steam tank, the war alter, or a lev. 4 wizard for a general. I feel silly thinking this list is anywhere near beardy with all of the daemon, dark elf, and especially vampire count lists anymore. I just always envisioned an empire army with state troops, and definitely not being led by a lev. 4 wizard or a war priest without some sort of serious theme. I don't expect to win all of my games....but does it look like I can win some in a tournament environment or do I have to sacrifice fluff completely? All of my knights are Reiksguard and my greatswords are the old Reiksguard on foot models, so the theme is there even without state troops...

Lord
Grand Master w/ Dawn Armor, Laurels of Victory - 235 (with 11 knights)

Heroes
Warrior Priest w/ Great Hammer, Armor of Meteoric Iron - 119 (with Greatswords)
Lev. 2 Wizard w/ Rod of Power - 130
Lev. 2 Wizard w/ Dispel Scroll x2 - 150

Troops
11 Reiksguard Knights w/ Champion, Banner of Arcane Warding, Musician - 323

6 Reiksguard Knights w/ Champion - 154

24 Flaggelants w/ Champion - 250

Special
23 Greatswords w/ Champ, Standard, Musician - 260
9 Free Company - 45
6 Handgunners - 48

6 Pistoliers w/ Musician - 115

Great Cannon - 100

Great Cannon - 100

Rare
Hellblaster Volley Gun - 110

Hellblaster Volley Gun - 110

Malorian
29-09-2008, 17:34
No complaints from me. I don't know if it's the most competitive, but it will put up a good fight if you use it right.

I don't like big units of knights as I think the points spent on getting the rank is a waste, but that's my only real beef with this army.

Andrew Taon
29-09-2008, 17:43
No complaints from me. I don't know if it's the most competitive, but it will put up a good fight if you use it right.

I don't like big units of knights as I think the points spent on getting the rank is a waste, but that's my only real beef with this army.

I should have gone with my gut on that one, other than considering different magic item set ups...that was the one thing I felt like I should change.

Kalec
29-09-2008, 22:33
Is this beardy?
Short answer no:
long answer: good luck

Limenix
29-09-2008, 23:22
I like an empire player use infantry.
It's not cheesy , no way.

Kalec is right though ... good luck winning with this list.