PDA

View Full Version : Ensorcelled weapons

PARTYCHICORITA
30-09-2008, 03:37
Quick question:

Do chaos knights lose their magical +1S weapons if they "upgrade" them to lances? I would say yes but can't see the point in paying 5pts for it. Is my reading of the rule correct?

Justin&theOldOnes
30-09-2008, 03:41
dude the book ain't out yet. I'd say yes, I think so, but how can anyone know? Release date's Nov. 1

TheWarSmith
30-09-2008, 05:06
I'll tell ya right now the answer is yes(90% sure), but questions about books not yet out are best pointed towards rumour sections.

OldMaster
30-09-2008, 06:21
Yes. That is correct. They lose their permanent +1,, but gain a S of 6 on the charge.
You decide whether it is worth 5 points, really...
Just, so you know, the base Strength of a Chaos Knight is now 4.

The Red Scourge
02-10-2008, 08:28
...can't see the point in paying 5pts for it. Is my reading of the rule correct?

You'll see the point, when you have tried charging a unit of chosen knights knights into a steamtank, only to prove the age old saying "Swords and hammers may break my bones, but there's not a chance in hell they'll put a dent in a stank".

Personally I would have found it waaay cooler, if they had just been given morning stars and kept their old S5. There's already so much cavalry out there already galopping around with lances, and it would have kept with the "flail-concept" of mortal chaos :)

DeathlessDraich
02-10-2008, 10:15
It will depend on how the book phrases these rules.

If it states that the *knight* has magical attacks then these attacks remain magical regardless of weapon upgrades.

If it states the *sword or hand weapon* is magical, then switching to another weapon loses the magical attacks

loveless
02-10-2008, 13:33
The rumour is that Ensorcelled Weapons are hand weapons that make magical attacks at +1 Strength (Total: Strength 5)

These can be swapped out for mundane lances at a premium, that make normal attacks at +2 Strength on the charge only (Total: Strength 6 on Charge, Strength 4 other turns)

I don't see the point, really. There are better ways to deal with a Steamtank or other biggie than Knights with Lances...plenty of heavy hitters in the new Warriors list.

TheWarSmith
04-10-2008, 00:25
yeah, and S5 is nothing to sneeze at. I always like the fact that chaos knights were one of(if not the) only cav unit w/ turn 2 staying power.