PDA

View Full Version : BoC Tzeentch 2k

WhiteKnight
30-09-2008, 04:46
I'm usually a Nurgle player but after getting insight from the Regional Manager here who plays Tzeentch BoC, I think I'll stick with Tzeentch until the new book comes out, which'll be a long time. The main tactic of this army is to dominate the magic phase which will be easy for Tzeentch. My Firewyrms of Tzeentch will go on the flanks of the enemy and march block, then shooting them with flames.

Beastlord:337
Mark of Tzeentch, Black Maul, Chaos Armour, Shield, Horn of the Great Hunt

Wargor:184
Mark of Tzeentch, Enchanted Shield, heavy armour, Pelt of the Dark Young, Scimitar of Skultar

Wargor:186
Mark of Tzeentch, Sword of Might, Crown of Horns, Heavy Armour

Bray-Shaman:166
level 2, x2 dispel scrolls, bray staff (lore of shadows)

Beast Herd:171
12 Gors, 8 Ungors, full command, shields

Beast Herd:137
10 Gors, 8 Ungors, full command, 2 hand weapons

Bestigors:255
15, full command, mark of tzeentch, warbanner

Tuskgor Chariot:105
Mark of Tzeentch (Beastlord inside)

Tuskgor Chariot:105
Mark of Tzeentch

Chaos Ogres:204
4, big ogre, standard bearer, shield, heavy armour

Firewyrm of Tzeentch:75

Firewyrm of Tzeentch:75

Limenix
30-09-2008, 09:33
I am a big fan of the black maul myself but NEVER give it to a
character riding a chariot.
Due to the frenzy , you might find your self charging enemies in
difficult terrain and then it's game over for the chariot.
watch out for this.

On the other hand , this is the best hard hitting combo in the book.

WhiteKnight
01-10-2008, 03:42
I probably will take him out of the chariot and put him somewhere. But I may leave him in the chariot but always have him facing away from units that will get me in trouble.

Harwammer
01-10-2008, 13:44
howcome you are using lore of shadows on a level 2?

I've always thought of it as shadows being more useful for lord level casters (or fighter/casters).

Defender of Ulthuan
01-10-2008, 13:45
Do you plan to give your second Wargor a shield?
If not, I'd drop the SoM for a GW; it's cheaper and better.

You'd also have to drop a dispel scroll or something, but doing this might also allow you to drop your 4 Ogres for 3 Dragon Ogres, a much better unit in almost every respect.

WhiteKnight
02-10-2008, 16:00
Harwammer: I'm using lore of shadows to try to get the movement spell. But my chances aren't that great so I may change that to lore of beasts or lore of death.

Defender of Ulthuan: I forgot to give him a shield so I might as well give him a great weapon. As for the dragon ogres, I don't have the models yet so I'm sticking with the ogres for now.

Overall, I'm trying to get enough cash to get more models such as dragon ogres and a shaggoth. I like playing aggressively with beastmen so as i move forward, my tzeentch magic and then bash into close combat.

Harwammer
02-10-2008, 16:03
beast lore kicks ass to compliment tzeentch.

There should be enough magic missiles going around to make death un needed, furthermore, all of the beast spells are useful and easy to cast (making it a good lore for level 2s)!

WhiteKnight
02-10-2008, 16:07
I think I'll do that. It seems like the Crow's Feast is pesky magic missile and the hunter's spear is good to use against knights and large infantry blocks.

WhiteKnight
05-10-2008, 01:27
And i have a question. Would Centigors be a decent addition to the list? I'm thinking about getting throwing axes for them so i then have more shooting.