Casting Pool: 4

Dispel Pool: 3

Models in Army: 132

Total Army Cost: 2000

what do u think of this army list :confused:
i hope it is a bit balanced

Malorian
30-09-2008, 21:32
If your goal is to be balanced it looks good to me.

You might want to try dropping the rocket battery and adding detachments to the great swords though. That thing is deadly but because of that your opponent will be trying to knock it out right away anyway.

Kalec
30-09-2008, 22:27
Cut the rocket battery. It isn't reliable enough, and you need the points for your characters.

Give the greatswords, if you insist on using them, a 9-man detachment of swordsmen and a 10-man detachment of either crossbowmen or handgunners, your call. Drop all the free company detachments for swordsmen. I would also advise bumping the spearmen up to 25-strong each, so a couple casualties don't knock off a rank bonus.

Drop the barding from the outriders. 4+ as is good, but a full 360-degree firing arc is better.

Now for the characters:

The general is a waste. You aren't even taking advantage of his ancestral heirloom ability, so he does absolutely nothing a grand master couldn't do competently. A GM with the relic would serve your knights well, while an arch lector would give you much-needed magic defense.

The BSB captain really should take the griffin banner, on a barded warhorse with a lance and shield. There is no reason for 45 points of magic kit and no defense besides full plate, and the magic banner will help far more then the toys will.

The level 2 wizard will not be casting a thing. Drop him to level 1, and cut the amulet. You need two dispel scrolls with as few dispel dice as you will be bringing.

Also, please do not directly copy the list from army builder. It is a pain to read, and gives individual points values for some upgrades which Warseer strictly prohibits.

Makarion
30-09-2008, 23:04
To emphasize one point Kalec makes (he's spot on for the most) - field your infantry at least 25 strong, and I'd actually suggest blocks of 30, especially if you don't use archer screens.

Also, you don't have either archers, huntsmen or pistoliers - who is going to do the marchblocking? It's not per se mandatory, but it really helps to be able to choose which flank you'll fight first...

You can safe a few points by dropping 2 greatswords (although I'd drop them all, personally) for a 6*3 formation. If you ditch them all, add a unit of pistoliers and ditch the rocket battery for a warrior priest on a warhorse, to give some tasty hatred to one of your knights units (as well as a dispel die).

drakk-zharr
01-10-2008, 13:38
why should i drop out the freecompany detatchment for swordsmen.
the etra attack from the free companty is nice

Kalec
01-10-2008, 13:52
But the extra WS and AS of the swordsmen is even nicer.

Your detachments exist to negate ranks. Free company or swordsmen, they will not be killing much. Free company give up a lot of easy CR, swordsmen don't.

drakk-zharr
01-10-2008, 14:07
if i drop out the greatswords. what would be a nice option to replace them.

Makarion
01-10-2008, 15:22
if i drop out the greatswords. what would be a nice option to replace them.

A unit of 5 pistoliers with musician (no champion), and more models for your infantry blocks as mentioned above.