PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Empire list.

advinius
12-11-2005, 20:07
hello all.

so, i've been playing Empire since the release of 6th edition, and for a long, long time was playing a Nuln list or something very close. It won a lot for me, but gat boring, as you might expect. i've gradualy been altering my force to have more tactical flexibility and to allow for more variety in games.

however, i've recenly looked though my pile of unfinished and unstarted models left over from my wayward days as a redshirt a few years back, when i was single and much more free with money. I realized that i've the fixings for a radical refit of my force, and so i've come up with the following:

--------------------

templar grand master: all normal kit, laurels of victory, sigil of sigmar
battle wizard (lvl2): 2 dispel scrolls
warrior priest: armor of meteoric iron, great weapon
master engineer: repeater pistol

11 inner circle knights, full command, banner of arcane warding
30 swordsmen, full command
20 handgunners
30 halberdiers, full command
15 archers

mortar
great cannon
7 pistoliers, marksman w/ repeater pistol

----------------------------
no rares, light on the artiliery, modest magic. its a more or less a straight up tactical melee force.

any input would be welcome.

gortexgunnerson
13-11-2005, 13:57
Is that really 2000 points? I can't see where all the points have gone lol!

My advice is to drop the halbards as swordmaster as just so much better! And also to break down the units down. I think empire work better when they have anvil units of plenty of troops but then lots of detachment and flexible units. I think your unit sizes are too big especially the handgunners.

I'd also think the mix could be tailored to offensive or defensive more, at the mo their is a mix but not enough of either. I don't think the knights and pistoliers can take on an army by themselves and I don't think the units can hold the line on their own, I would personally drop some or all the inner circle knights for more infantry or into 2 flanking units

Killax
13-11-2005, 14:06
I also have to say it is really small, It looks like a 1500 point army but not a 2K army.

If I were you i would also spilt some units up (if this is 2K) more units of 15 and flanking units really hurt.

Chuffy
13-11-2005, 14:09
warrior priest: armor of meteoric iron, great weapon
master engineer: repeater pistol

Drop both of these, waste of points. You only have one artillery piece, why spend points on an enginneer (who is crap anyway)? Also a priest is terrible, replace him with a battle standard bearer either wearing meteoric armour or the banner of sigismund/griffon banner.

11 inner circle knights, full command, banner of arcane warding

11! A huge unit and a waste of points, how much are you spending for that extra rank? Why 11, most of the time your frontage will be too large so a few models may not even get to fight!

30 swordsmen, full command
20 handgunners
30 halberdiers, full command
15 archers

Take the swords and the halberds down to 25 and split that handgunner unit up and make it a detachment for the swords and halberds. Or just buy some free company detachments, detachments are how the Empire wins games.

7 pistoliers, marksman w/ repeater pistol

7? This just makes the unit too unweildy and expensive, drop it down to five at least.

Ozorik
14-11-2005, 09:55
Also a priest is terrible, replace him with a battle standard bearer either wearing meteoric armour or the banner of sigismund/griffon banner.

I disagree. The priest is far from terrible. Not a great combat character or spell caster but can still do good things. I always field one and he has rarely let me down. The engineer is crap though.

11 isnt a huge waste of points but it is a bit much. I would run a unit of 9 lead by the GM personally. Very survivale and very hitty.

Take the swords and the halberds down to 25 and split that handgunner unit up and make it a detachment for the swords and halberds.

I would keep them at 30 but they definately need detachments. Preferably 1 of archers and 1 of free company.