PDA

View Full Version : Goff Rocker Ork "Led Zepplin" Army Blog (with an actual Zepplin)

Tooooon
01-10-2008, 22:19
Introduction
Hey there,

I was inspired a long time ago by the Goff Rocker models (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060103099&orignav=301117) and back then decided I would make a 1,000 points army featuring none other than the Goff Rockers!

But time got the better of me, but now im back and ready to ROCK! (liturally)

What im going to do (hopefully o.o)

So this shall be my Blog about me creating my mobile tour Goff Rocker army which shall feature things from an actual Zepplin called the "Led Zepplin" which shall be the stage for the rockers themselves (a big battlewagon indeed!), to advertising Deffcopta's with banners trailing from the back advertising the rockers band (with the rest of the Orky Roadies, Groupies and rockers in transportation following along).

I will be also trying to show step by step tutorials for most things I do since im learning as I go along, and any help I can give and get I will share with everyone :)

So Keep tuned for more info as I progress, and get ready to ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK!....
~David

Brother_Chaplian Raimo
01-10-2008, 22:29
Conceptually, you win. I await pictures with great anticipation.

warflag
01-10-2008, 23:53
I shall be most interested in this! The concept sounds good (and familiar, somehow ;) )

Sounds expensive, too!?

Best of luck

Cheers
Bart

Tooooon
02-10-2008, 00:05
The first thing im going to do is the zepplin itself. Ive been brainstorming about even buying some mini speakers and putting it on the stage itself with my mp3 player under the stage :D And im thinking LED lights for stage lighting.

My idea is from Ooo bloody ages ago back in 2006 (Oo even found the topic I first mentioned it in http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47799) hehe never did decide which one to pick until now. I noticed your topic a few mins ago and they look very nice indeed!

Im just working out the army list itself and ordering the various things I shall be needing and give you all an update. :) Hopefully it wont be too expensive, but thanks to a grant of 255 for my college course for "books and materials" (didnt know pens were that expensive o.o) I have some money to play around with, but im going to try and keep it as budget as possible.

Tooooon
11-10-2008, 00:04
Just to update, this blog will start within the next few weeks. Ive been a wee bit tied up with getting back into college and work, etc... (usual excuses hehe)

Watch this space.

Penguin of Death
11-10-2008, 00:15
Only other 40k scale Airship I've seen was this one:

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Progress/index.php?showtopic=6225&hl=

Tooooon
11-10-2008, 00:30
Ah ive never seen that before, thanks for the link.

I have been playing around with the idea of getting a balloon and paper mache it for the airship "balloon" Zepplin part (how ideal eh? a balloon for a balloon hehe), so ill probably give that a mini test and see the results.

Ive bought the mini speakers for the main stage area and shall be concealing my mp3 player under the stage itself (plotting now if im making the stage from scratch or buying a model boat and using the decking and going from there) and lights for the stage are also on the way (hey, gotta have some lighting!)

Majority of my Orks have arrived today, so shall be starting all this quite soon methinks! (and hopes) :D