Horn of Ugrok
Waagh paint

Total: 150

Goblin Big Boss, Light Armor, Wolf
Martog's Best Basha
Enchanted Shield

Total: 79

Grand Total: 1999

The BSB goes with the Black Orcs, Warboss joins the Big Orc mob, the Shaman goes with a boar unit and the Goblin Boss joins the wolf riders.

The core of this army is the huge black ork mob. With my BSB inside, it has a static CR of 6, 7 if they outnumber the enemy. With potentially 3+ saves, it's also quite a hard unit to move. If I see a lot of scary monsters, they can also all whip out great weapons in a pinch, though the Warboss should be able to take care of those fine by himself, especially with the collar.

The Black Orcs will march forward and dare someone to charge them, with the other two Orc Mobs following to either side and slightly behind to charge flanks in support if possible. I don't think this will happen very often, though, and expect the Orcs to engage other units to the front beside my Black Orcs. Either way, the boar boys will charge in from either side for flanking support, if they're not busy fighting the enemy's own cavalry.

The Goblin Squad is fairly cheap, about 200 with the character, and can pack a decent punch. They'll go for targets hiding in the rear of the enemy's army, or will circle around and charge a unit from the back/run down fleeing units.

As for more specialized armies, I think I have enough tough troops and cavalry to survive heavy shooting, and I have a decent amount of Dispel Dice (6 when the game starts) to protect me against magic. If I run into a lot of monsters, my Warboss will do ok (Only hit on 6's, 0+ save, lots of S5/6 attacks), and can be supported by the large amount of S5/6 hits I have hidden everywhere in this army.

C&C would be appreciated.

Magx
02-10-2008, 16:15
Your BSB being in your Black Orcs Unit, makes them a Bullseye for your enemy. What I would suggest to you is to take the Mork's Totem and put it in your Orc unit, and put Nogg's Banner of Butchery in your Black Orcs Unit. So that way, you will protect you bonus rang (because you black orcs WILL still be the bullseye unit anyways) and as soon as you are in CC with anyone with your Black Orcs, you use Nogg's Banner of Butchery.

A "Magic Shield" ? what are you talking about ? there is no more "enchnated shield" in 7th edition
+ you can't have the ring AND the boots on the same character

Since your army is based on black orgs, maybe Grimgor Ironhide would be a good idea as your general. But Gorbad would be good too (for the things about the banners)

Tsear
02-10-2008, 21:00
Why is there no more enchanted shield in 7th? I can see it as a common magic item on pg. 42 of the ork codex, do I maybe have the old dex? Similarly, why can't I have the ring and boots on the same char? If you could just point me to the right page in the rulebook, I'd appreciate that.

I also don't think it's particularly a bad idea to make the black orcs a bullseye unit for the enemy. I want the enemy to charge them, as with their huge CR bonus, combined with the fact that these are, after all, my elite infantry, any charging unit is going to run into trouble, or at least get stuck there long enough to be charge by anything else in my army. If the enemy really wants to kill my BSB, he'll have to devote a powerful unit to counter my powerful unit, which is fine by me.

Magx
03-10-2008, 02:25
First of all, sorry for the enchanted shield, I don't really use Magic Items except Scrolls and Stones.

What I meant by a bullseye on your Black Orcs, I thought about anyone with artillery, they will sureley shot at them first... Them being charged is not really a problem (even if I think it would be better to charge with them)

Tsear
03-10-2008, 03:18
That's true, I haven't really thought about artillery too much. Hopefully I have enough bodies to survive a barrage ok, though if I were facing artillery I probably would move my BSB to another unit.

Tsear
04-10-2008, 15:42
As part of a bump, here's an alternate list I came up with:

Doom Diver: 80

Spear Chukkax2: 70

25x Ork Boyz, Shield, Spear, Big'Uns, Full Command, War Banner:330

30x Night Goblin, Boss, Short Bow, Fanatic:123
Fanatic:25

30x Goblin, Spear, Shield, Command: 170
30x Goblin, Spear, Shield, Command: 170

6x Wolf Rider, Boss: 84
6x Wolf Rider, Boss: 84

6x Boar Boyz, Boss: 149
6x Boar Boyz, Boss: 149

Night Goblin Big Boss, Light Armor
BSB
Spider Banner

Total: 107

Black Orc Super Warboss, Heavy Armor, Shield
Ulag's Akrit Axe
Bigged'S kikkin Boots
Collar of Zorga
Horn of Ugrok
Boar: 24

Night Goblin Shaman, Wolf
Dispel Scroll
Magic Mushroom

Night Goblin Shaman, Wolf
Dispel Scroll
Power Stone

Grand Total: 1998

Which do you think is stronger?

Anton
04-10-2008, 16:35
You can only have one Enchanted item per character. Biggeds kickin boots and the horn are both enchanted.

You can't have a Night Goblin Shaman on a Wolf, but I assume that was just a typo.

Magx
04-10-2008, 16:43
Not enough chukkas ( I have a three and it's a minimum)

Like the other guy said, you can't have a night goblin shaman on a wolf.

I personnally think you really have too much goblins and not enough Orcs With their CC 2, even if they outnumbers and they have more flank and do some damage, you will eventually lose the combat for nothing and occupying the field for nohting while your Orcs are doing that : nothing. That's why you have to drop AT LEAST 1 night goblins unit.

I wouldn't put the BSB you put. I would put the BSB with Mork's Spirit Totem. and put him in a Big 'Uns unit. But that also is a Bullseye, but at least, it will do something.

Tsear
04-10-2008, 18:01
Thanks for the comments, keep them coming! Here's another variant on the first list that keeps it more the way it was:

22 Ork Boyz, Big uns, 2x Choppa, Full Command: 272
25 Ork Boyz, 2x Choppa Orc Boss: 190
8x Wolf Riders, Spear, Boss: 116
6x Wolf Riders, Spear:78

7x Boar Boyz, Boss, Big Un's
25x Black Orcs, Shields, Full Command, War Banner
2x Spear Chukka
2x Spear Chukka

Black Orc Super Warboss, Heavy Armor
Enchanted Shield
Ulag's Akrit Axe
Bigged'S kikkin Boots
Collar of Zorga
Boar

Ork BigBoss, Light Armor
BSB
Mork's Spirit Totem
Boar

Night Goblin Shaman
Dispel Scroll

Goblin Big Boss, Light Armor
Martog's Best Basha
Enchanted Shield

I've added four spear chukkas and have given up on magic, removing my bound items and making the token dispel shaman as cheap as possible. The orcs also all have 2x choppas instead of shields - if I really need a unit to have a high save, I'll just use the shields on the black orcs.

Unfortunately, I had to drop a group of boar boys to fit in the spear chukkas. I added another small group of goblin cavalry, but I'm not sure if they'll be effective; should I drop Big'Uns from the boar boys to get another 4 or so wolf riders?

And more generally, is this version more effective than the original?