PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Daemons with round bases???

dal9ll
01-10-2008, 23:25
So Ive been playing Daemons in 40k for some time now and have totally been enjoying them as an army, both while modeling and on the tabletop. I do also play WHFB as Skaven and Ogre Kingdoms. Ive been reading lots of hype about Daemons in Fantasy and being that I already have a Daemon army (albeit with round bases), Id like to try and use them as a Fantasy army too.

I figure this can be done by constructing square movement trays for my round-based Daemon units to fit into for Fantasy games (I figure Greater Daemons and such wont need square bases, right?). Here are the Daemons I own:

--2 Bloodthirsters
--1 Great Unclean One
--6 Flamers of Tzeentch
--5 Fiends of Slaanesh
--10 Daemonettes w/ command
--10 Plaguebearers
--10 Horrors of Tzeentch
--12 Bloodletters w/ command
--5 Nurgling bases
--5 Screamers of Tzeentch
--1 Khornate Daemon Prince (on flight base, wont need to be altered for WHFB)
--2 Soul Grinders (not that I could use them in Fantasy)

Anyway Im thinking running a Fantasy Daemon army with the 40k Daemons I already have is a viable option.

Feedback anyone?

Malorian
02-10-2008, 21:28
Movement trays can do the trick, but it can still lead to odd situations (knowing who is in base to base (20mm vs 25mm) and when the squad gets smaller due to loses). And the greater deamons will most certainly have to be on square bases to determine LOS.

I's suggest gluing on magnets to the bottom so you can 'click' on the square ones when you want to play fantasy.

PopeAlexanderVI
02-10-2008, 21:32
You probably need to get some more models if you want a list large enough to bring a GD.

Flesh Hounds and more core units would be a good choice.

theunwantedbeing
02-10-2008, 21:49
Remove all your daemons from their bases, then put them all on smaller bases that will fit onto either a square base, or a round base of the appropriate size for each system.

Magnetise the lot.
Then you can just perform a base swap for everything that needs it depending on which system you want to play.

This will also help with storage as the bases wont get in the way, especially on larger models that need larger bases that are more difficult to fit into a case with a model attached.

Helveticus
02-10-2008, 21:55
And just to make you cry, you'll probably want to triple or more your horror unit. Once they hit about 30ish, they make a pretty nice magician.