PDA

View Full Version : 2.5k WoC Mixed List

riven5
02-10-2008, 03:50
Sorceror Lord- 394
Level 4, MoN, Chaos Steed, Armor of Morsliebb, Sword of Might, Blood of Tzeentch

Sorceror- 220
Level 2, MoT, Disk of Tzeentch, Dispel Scroll, Spell Familiar, Conjoined Homonculus

Sorceror- 205
Level 2, MoT, Disk of Tzeentch
Rod of Torment

Sorceror- 220
Level 2, MoS, Steed of Slaanesh, Dispel Scroll, Power Familiar, Soporific Musk

Core:
Marauders- 98
6x2, MoK, Flails, Champion

Marauder Horsemen- 103 (MoS Sorc goes here)
5x1, MoS, Flails, Musician, Champion

Marauders- 200
5x5, MoN, Light armor, Shields, FC

Marauders- 200
5x5, MoN, Light armor, shields, FC

Warhounds- 30
5x1

Warhounds- 30
5x1

Warhounds- 30
5x1

Special:

Chaos Knights- 300 (Sorceror Lord here)
5x1, MoN, FC, Rapturous Standard

Dragon Ogres- 251
3x1, GW, Champion

Rare:

War Altar- 150
MoT

Final cost: 2431 points.

General tactics: Marauders and War Altar act as anvils, MoK Marauders act as cheapo flankers who can dish out mad damage while being so cheap that baiting them might actually be cost-ineffective for the enemy. Screening is done by the warhounds as per the norm. MoS Horsemen gets to do the regular fast cavalry stuff all the while enjoying Flails which permit them significant damage on the charge. Considering their ability to reroll pursuit rolls and the MoS Sorcerors Soporific Musk, nobody is going to be getting away from these guys. Plus they get to bait enemy units if the MoS Sorceror gets the frenzy spell.

Chaos Knights and the Dragon Ogres act as killer hammers, with Dragon Ogres being my S7 chariot slayers. I'm still up in the air about what magic banner to put on the Chaos Knights. Rapturous Standard is better for an anvil, but I'm under the impression that Marauders cannot take magic standards. If they can, then I'd definitely give it to them, and a War Banner to the Knights. At the moment I'm down by 69 points, so if you guys have any suggestions for how to spend that last bit I'd be happy to hear em.

Tell me what ya think.

PopeAlexanderVI
02-10-2008, 03:53
Maybe I'm reading the list wrong but I don't think that 12 Marauders is anywhere near sufficient as an anvil unit.

riven5
02-10-2008, 03:55
The 12-strong unit of Marauders have the Mark of Khorne, and are acting as flankers. The 25 strong Marauder units with the Mark of Nurgle are the anvils.

Kalec
02-10-2008, 05:21
Use the extra points to turn a unit of warhounds into a unit of horsemen with throwing axes and a musican, give your rod of torment sorc a chaos steed and put him in here. Or, you could drop the sword of might from the lord for a runesword, and grab some more warhounds.

LION
02-10-2008, 07:58
:p Interesting blend of 13power dice varied Super Heavy Magic list and Combat models. When you get the book..search out an Anti Miscast Strategy LION

bork da basher
02-10-2008, 08:07
im going for a similar list of sorcerers, horsemen, doggies and knights but nothing on foot. the list looks good but i dont like it because its mixed gods which is naughty lol.

The Red Scourge
02-10-2008, 08:17
im going for a similar list of sorcerers, horsemen, doggies and knights but nothing on foot. the list looks good but i dont like it because its mixed gods which is naughty lol.

I had one like that with HoC. Undivided sorcerer lord, champions of tzeentch/khorne and undidivided sorcerers, knights of khorne, marauder horsemen to protect sorcerers and warhounds to deliver fighty champions.

And contrary to common beliefs Khorne and Tzeentch worshippers gets along just fine :)

bork da basher
02-10-2008, 08:40
ive always been against godmixing, it doesnt feel right to me. i'd rather neuter my armies strength by going monogod and keep to a theme and overall look to the army than have a unit of horrors next to a unit of bloodletters.

riven5
02-10-2008, 15:37
Use the extra points to turn a unit of warhounds into a unit of horsemen with throwing axes and a musican, give your rod of torment sorc a chaos steed and put him in here. Or, you could drop the sword of might from the lord for a runesword, and grab some more warhounds.

Well the problem with putting the Rod of Torment sorc on a Chaos Steed and dropping him into a unit of Horsemen is that the Chaos Steed ain't fast cavalry, which means the Horsemen will in turn lose some serious maneuverability. As far as the Chaos Runesword, as much as I'd like to get it in play, I just can't seem to make the numbers work.

:p Interesting blend of 13power dice varied Super Heavy Magic list and Combat models. When you get the book..search out an Anti Miscast Strategy LION

Anti Miscast strategy would be great, but unfortunately the new book offers little (if any) miscast protection. It's a bummer.

I was considering dropping the MoS Sorceror and a few odds and ends to buy a 6x2 unit of Chosen w/Shields, Halberds, FC, MoN and the Rapturous Standard (The Knights would then have the War Banner instead). I figure if I give the Chosen Champion the Favour of the Gods then the EotG roll at the beginning of the game is way less of a gamble and way more of a guaranteed boost. +1A, +1T, +1S, all good things. Plus the Chosen would be kinda multipurpose, anvil when they need to be, hammer when they need to be. It'd also probably get the people in my local store off my back about always bringing hellish amounts of magic :D