PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen team

Gatsby
02-10-2008, 07:03
Good all around lizardmen team, what should be included/

daemonkin
02-10-2008, 08:48
Guy in our league just beat a tough orc team running 4 saurus, krox and rest is skinks.

D.

Gatsby
02-10-2008, 14:16
i was thinking something similar, 5 saurus, 6 skinks and 3 rerolls with 3 fanfactor and 30k in my treasury.... ok so in really no way similar...

daemonkin
02-10-2008, 15:06
It depends on your league - are there many bashy teams - chaos, orc, khemri, undead - or any teams with a big guy? I run a chaos team, all beastmen and a minotaur. I like the running game and usually have the mino do the blocking to get space.

If you have agile opponents then some heavy saurus blockers and the rest skinks to catch up with and disrupt his game plan.

Good luck.
D.

EmperorNorton
02-10-2008, 16:16
It's not like the Lizardmen give you that many options anyway.
The one big decision you have to make is whether you want a Kroxigor or not.

guillaume
03-10-2008, 13:52
I run krox, 6 saurus 4 skinks and 2 RR 2FF.

Rather awesome and really hard hitting team.

Krox are really good at creating flow. Regular humans, st3 players, need to gang up 3 against a krox just to get a 1 dice block. kroxes forces the opposition to spend time on the krox. The bone head will screw you at least once a half, so I always keep a saurus next to him, making the tag team even more deadly. This way, I have someone to fill some of those tackles zones that the krox loses.

Skinks are the problems really. Ag3, is really low to pickup a ball without any other skills, and quite often I usually burn a reroll to pickup the ball. Just keep your money the money from the first few games to buy yourself a 3rd RR. That will take you much further.

Apothecary is good on sauruses as they are expensive, but just dont spend the apoth on regular skinks (with no skills) as they can be easily replaced by journeymen. If you a star skink with a stat increase, then yes use the apothecary, but I generally reserve him for the star saurus, because they are a lot slower to develop.

Acheron143
18-05-2009, 04:57
I've never liked the Kroxigor... I prefer to have a deeper back field with the extra skink, instead of dropping a saurus back to play line backer.

TheDeadspace
18-05-2009, 05:38
I also ran a team of Krox, 6 Saurii, and 4 Skinks for my last lizard team.

One tip I picked up was to use a Saurus to score as often as possible. Because SPP gained purely from casualties will be fairly sporadic, it's a much better idea to grab a couple of touchdowns to get the first upgrade. The difficult part is actually picking up the ball, but if you're willing to burn a reroll, even an AG2 Saurus has a 55% chance of success.

I even had the Kroxigor score a handful of times, after giving him a touchback from the kickoff. Those were a fun couple of drives.

Cirrus the Blue
18-05-2009, 05:42
I've always preferred the Wild Animal negative trait in LRB5 on the Big Guys I play with best, but you have to admit, at MA6 and only Bone Headed, the Krox is still arguably the best Big Guy available, even including the AG1.

- Cirrus

daemonkin
18-05-2009, 11:40
I even had the Kroxigor score a handful of times, after giving him a touchback from the kickoff. Those were a fun couple of drives.

Giving the big guy the ball from a touchback is nasty to take down. 1 opponent even decided to try and hand-off with the big guy for an easy win.

I thought 'WTF he is AG1!' it was only after he rolled that i realised it only requires a catch roll and not a pass roll to make the hand-off! Needless to say all my guys were piled around the big guy and nowhere near the receiver who ran in for the TD!

D.

Darkson
20-05-2009, 15:34
I'd also go with the Krox, 6 Saurus and 4 skinks. You really shouldn't need more than 4 skinks on the field at any one time.

someone2040
22-05-2009, 05:51
Agreed. Keep your Skinks out of trouble and you may just win the game yet. I think I've only had 1 game where I got into Skink trouble - still won mind you, but only one game comes to mind.
So as long as you play smart, and keep your Skinks from being blocked a lot, you shouldn't have any troubles. I think my Saurus suffered more overall (At least, injurywise definately) than my Skinks, just because they get blocked a lot more.