PDA

View Full Version : kolek+fast cav 2k pts redone

lector#1
02-10-2008, 12:26
this is the revised list its supposed to be a fun army to plate but able to win at the same time, i know its small, and no static CR but hopefully i wont need it, the plan is, kolek runs towards there hardest and try to flank them and the knights will hit head on, the dragon ogre units are to cause the damage and if there is a unit they cant hold on there own the horsemen will flank charge in one horsemen unit is there to hide the sorcerer and throwing axes are there so they dont have to commit to combat, sorcerer isnt really there for offensive its more to keep the magic away. when i hit higher points, 2500 2 more sorcerers and 3k points will be a level 4, level 2 and a bsb what do you think.

Lords
Kolek -605

Sorcerer, level 1, 2 dispell scroll, steed - 151

Core
5 Marauder Horsemen, flails, throwing axes - 85

Special
3 Dragon ogres, champion, additional hand weapon - 239

3 Dragon ogres, champion, great weapons - 251

3 Dragon ogres, champion, additional hand weapon - 239

5 Knights of Chaos, full command - 260

The Red Scourge
02-10-2008, 13:34
Use either flails or axes.

Ditch a unit of dragon ogres for an extra unit of knights, ditch the full command for the knights, and take great weapons for the dragon ogres.

bork da basher
02-10-2008, 13:37
drop either flails or throwing axes from horsemen, just stick to one weapon option, it tends to work better and keeps the expense from racking up needlessly. drop the champion and musician from the knights, with the spare points make your sorcerer a lvl 2 and give him a mark so he can use the nice spell lores. tzeentch is nice for the +1 to cast and 6+ ward save, it makes him able to cast effectively instead of just being an expensive scroll caddy.

lector#1
02-10-2008, 13:55
what to do with 22 points

Lords
Kolek -605

Sorcerer, mark of tzeentch, level 2, dispell scroll, power familiar steed - 206

Core
5 Horsemen,, throwing axes, - 85

5 Horsemen, flails - 85

5 Horsemen, flails - 85

Special
3 Dragon ogres, champion, great weapon - 251

5 Knights of Chaos, - 200

5 Knights of Chaos, - 200

Kalec
02-10-2008, 13:59
Why do you people keep telling him to kit out his sorcerer? A single level 2 will not cast a damn thing, even with MoT and a power familiar.

And telling him to drop the musician, the most valuable command member for the knights? It feels like we are moving backwards here.

lector#1
02-10-2008, 14:09
ohhhhhhhkayyyyyy this is back and forth lol ohwell back to old style but should i keep more knights or more dragon ogres

Lords
Kolek -605

Sorcerer, steed, 2 dispell scrolls, level 1 - 151

Core
5 Horsemen,, throwing axes, - 75

5 Horsemen, flails - 75

5 Horsemen, flails - 75

Special

5 Knights of Chaos, musician - 210

5 Knights of Chaos, musician - 210

97 points.... i could either go with another horsemen unit, or mark everything worth marking??

Kalec
02-10-2008, 22:02
97 should cover an entire horseman unit with axes or flails, and a mark of tzeentch on one of the knights. A 6+ ward save isn't very reliable, but you pass it once and it has paid for itself twice over. Not many upgrades have such a huge return on their cost.

riven5
02-10-2008, 22:35
I like it as it stands now. I would throw in some other large targets though, just to take some of that inevitable shooting pressure off of your main man, the Sun Eater. I'm not saying use Shaggoths (they are way overpriced), but as far as theme goes you could do worse. Chaos Giants are, IMO, probably a more viable option if you want to inject some other Large Targets into the mix, but they are, sadly, M6.

Cool idea though.

lector#1
03-10-2008, 06:12
ok lets have a vote.....
1= more marauders and MoT on knights
2= big targets
3= something tottaly different (and what it is)

Sidorio
03-10-2008, 10:49
simple. i say 1. if anything it can't hurt you too much and you have more guys.

bork da basher
03-10-2008, 16:46
standards are the best way to go with knights. musicians are fine but if u have the points spare.

a lvl 2 sorcerer will cast spells as long as your not facing big DD, and considering he's equipped him with MoT and a power familiar it suggests he wants to take a mage and not just a scroll caddy

LION
03-10-2008, 19:44
:)If you whant a fun to play themed list based on your Suneater then stick with at least two units of Dragon Ogres....Maybe make the Marauders into a bunch of centaurs who whorship the Suneater...Heavy armoured centaurs with lances for Chaos Knights? Have your offensive spell caster and kill off enemy casters so you can have fun in the magic phase.

Or have a super tactical army with a scroll caddy...Kr marked Marauders...Tzeentch Soc....Knights....Giant..Hounds...and forget about a consistent theme

Your posts have inspired me to make this conversion today in an attempt to have light cav more in theme with DragonOgres.
ThanksLION

lector#1
03-10-2008, 21:48
that is actually an awsome idea, i was thinking of doing it but then there is the fact of me changing my list around.