PDA

View Full Version : 750pts WoodElves

Se7en
02-10-2008, 20:05
Hey everyone iv started a new woodelve army today and will be playing my first game in a few days at 750pts i just would like some help with my noble i have 130pts left to spend on him but what items to give him? i have all the models in the list and will add to it once iv had a few games and got a good feel for the army thanks for any help

Noble 130pts??

lvl2 Spellsinger 155pts
Hail of doom arrow

10 Glade guard 120pts

10 Glade guard 120pts

8 Dryads 96pts

5 Glade riders 129pts
Musicians

Malorian
02-10-2008, 21:06
First of all drop the mage. Magic isn't worth it in small games. You'll have 4 PD and he'll have at least two DD. Not to mention the wood elve lore isn't all that great. With those points get another unit (glade riders/scouting glade guard/...)

Even if you don't drop the mage, move hail of doom to the noble. Mages have the same BS as your core, and you want to get the most out of that item.

For the noble I'd give him the hail of doom for sure, and then either put him on a steed or give him a great weapon and make him an alter kindred.

Se7en
02-10-2008, 21:14
Good point Doom arrow will be so much better on noble and if i make him alter il have to keep the mage to be my general (for now) but again for now this is all i have untill i buy something hard hiting to boost the army to 1000pts i have spare models from the box but there no enough to make thr mini unit size needed.

Thanks malorian btw i read your battle reports allways a good read :)

Kahadras
02-10-2008, 23:54
I agree with Malorian on the whole Spellsinger issue. I'd give your Noble the Hail of Doom Arrow and an inexpencive defencive item such as the Briarsheath. The rest of your army looks fine. I'd sugest pushing the points you save from the Spellsinger into buying another unit of Dryads. If you can squeeze in a Giant Eagle that would be useful as well.

Kahadras

Lord Dan
03-10-2008, 06:19
Though I agree it's far better suited on a hero with a higher BS, HoD is kind of funny on a mage.

People always move their prime HoD targets away from your lurking waywatcher lord or noble. Then, as they approach your seemingly harmless lone mage, POW $^#!#$!!!!

No one would ever see that coming. Especially not if you add in the explatives.

Se7en
03-10-2008, 16:22
Thanks for the help i cant change the troops or add more at the min only maybe add to whats there with spare left over models.

I have all the models in my list put togeather ready for undercoat iv changed my heros a bit should work a bit better i hope!

Noble 156pts
Alter kindred, Great weapon, light armour, Hail of doom arrow and The helm of the hunt

Spellsinger 125pts
lvl2

10 Glade guard 120pts

10 Glade guard 120pts

8 Dryads 96pts

5 Glade riders 129pts
Musicians

Thats 746pts i will be playing my mate and his new vamps army he only has the 50 box set like me and a vamp hero so its just a nice friendly get to know our armys game =]