PDA

View Full Version : 2k DE, hopefully with theme

KFPM
02-10-2008, 20:07
Time for me to get back into DE, here is one of the lists that i've been toying with for a while. I've tried to give it a "Hag Graef" feel.

Master with full mundane armor, cold one and Hydra BSB.
2xlvl 2, one has the dagger and the othr has two scrolls.
Assasin with rune of khaine and cloak of twilight.

20 warriors with shields and command.
2x10 Crossbowmen.

10 shades with Great weapons.
9 Knights with command and asf banner.
2 Chariots.

2 bolt throwers.
War hydra.

The general plan is to use magic and shooting to whittle don anythign dangerous, as well as using the shades and flying assasin to march block and take out enemy war machines. To this end, im tempted to drop the crossbowmen in favour of dark riders, but what do you think? This should hopefully cause enough discord for my super knights/chariots/hydra to come smashing through the centre of whatever resitance hey can offer.

Comments are welcomed with cookies.
KFPM.

Malorian
02-10-2008, 20:56
I don't think the knight unit is a good idea. Paying for the extra rank is just too expensive with knights, and ASF is kind of a waste on a unit that will usually charge and break other units. That's also a LOT of points in one unit.

Maybe you should drop them down to six (single rank), drop the banner for a war banner, and then use the points saved for another small unit.

Violadudester
03-10-2008, 15:09
Drop the ASF banner it is not needed, you really need the Banner of Cold Blood. Give your master a lance maybe?

I don't think you need 9 CoK's, drop them to 7, then you can deploy them 6 wide w/2 in the back, along with the master, for any casualties you might have from shooting.

If you're taking the dagger you'll need unit of 25 Warriors for sacrificing.

Add shields to your crossbowmen.

No Dark Riders? Or Harpies no less, which circle Hag Graef last I checked. But really these are two essential elements which are missing from your list. You have plenty of hard hitting units, but mobility imo is what makes the Druchii powerful and wins battles.

PARTYCHICORITA
04-10-2008, 18:35
drop the shades to 6-7 and some knights and get a coulpe of units of harpies and a lance for the BSB.

Lord Aislinn
04-10-2008, 18:42

No Dark Riders? Or Harpies no less, which circle Hag Graef last I checked. But really these are two essential elements which are missing from your list. You have plenty of hard hitting units, but mobility imo is what makes the Druchii powerful and wins battles.

They circled Karond Kar last time I checked :D

KFPM
05-10-2008, 10:11
Hokily Dokily Neighbourinos ^^ Thanks for the feedback, and yeah, looking at it, what it has in combat power is kindof done over by the lack of speed. With that in mind, I was reading the fluff for shades and got inspired to make this:

+Master on Manti, Ring of Hotek, armour of darkness and Lance. (Shade clan leaders? It said in the book shadesare the most common manticore hunters.)
+Master on Manti, Whip of agony, shield of ghrond, HA, SDC.
+3x5 With Crossbows and musicians. (I have a vision of glade riders converted to be mounted shades ^^)
+2x5 Harpies. (Hmmm, not sure on the fluff point here :D)
+2x10 Shades (Fluffy, killy.)
+Assasin with ex HW and Rending stars. (Super shade?)
+2 x War Hydras. (Yet more beasties captured by the shades.)

The basic plan will be to have the shades, DR, assasin and harpies cause a ton of annoyance for the opponent, maybe even destroying a unit or two. In the dissaray, I will have Both mantis and both hydras working together in two teams to wipe units out. That said, not much in the way of magic defence, and undeniably fragile. Your thoughts?