PDA

View Full Version : I've got 2 questions

Alx_152
03-10-2008, 08:12
Yesterday 2 situations arose in a Dark Elf vs Empire battle.

1) Is the hellblaster subject to the multiple shots rule?
My opponent thought so, but he couldn't prove it, since every weapon that is subject to the multiple shots rule has it listed in its description.

2) His dark elf wizards used the spell "power of darkness" to get extra power dice. However the next spell was miscast and he rolled a 9.
In de description of number 9 no mention is made of him losing the powerdice (see also number 7 which mentions losing powerdice). So at the end of the magic phase (as a result of miscast 9) he would still have unused extra powerdice.
Should the wizard(s) get the extra s4 hits as in the description of the spell "power of darkness" or not?

I do not know if the questions have already been asked and answered, so bear with me.

theunwantedbeing
03-10-2008, 08:18
1. Unless it has the rule "[insert number] x multiple shots" no, it is not subject to the rule for multiple shots. Sounds like it isnt.

2. The dice are not lost so any remaining dice he has left over generated from the power of darkness spell will inflict a st4 hit(per leftover dice) on the mage. Note you don't count dice used to generate the miscast as they have clearly been used. The max the mage will suffer is 2 st4 hits (if he generated 4 dice and only used 2 to get the miscast)

DeathlessDraich
03-10-2008, 08:30
Tactically, he should have used all the *generated* dice for his spell (i.e. keeping his normal dice for the next spell) to prevent this from happening.

Alx_152
03-10-2008, 09:28
Unfortunately for him he had 2 wizards with extra powerdice, so one of them didn't had a chance to use them at all. Potential max 4 s4 hits on that wizard.

sulla
03-10-2008, 09:57
Unfortunately for him he had 2 wizards with extra powerdice, so one of them didn't had a chance to use them at all. Potential max 4 s4 hits on that wizard.

Let that be a lesson to him; Use Power of Darkness with one sorceress, use all the generated dice from her, then move onto the next or risk one miscast killing all your sorceresses...

Lordsaradain
03-10-2008, 10:07
Let that be a lesson to him; Use Power of Darkness with one sorceress, use all the generated dice from her, then move onto the next or risk one miscast killing all your sorceresses...

Amen!
Let that be a lesson to all druchii players.

Bob the Butcher
03-10-2008, 23:29
Here endeth the lesson.

Alx_152
04-10-2008, 08:25
Thanks for your replies.