PDA

View Full Version : First Dark Elves Army List, 2000

Zerosoul
03-10-2008, 20:20
So this is my first attempt at a Dark Elves army list. Since I've only played Daemons so far, I'm woefully unprepared for creating armies that aren't ItP and have ward saves all over and such. This is what I've managed to come up with. I really like magic, so I wanted to focus on that, hence:

Lord
===

Supreme Sorceress, Level 4 Wizard, Dark Pegasus, Black Staff, Pendant of Khaeleth - 400

Heroes
=====

Sorceress, Level 2 Wizard, Tome of Furion, Dispel Scroll - 175 - goes with repeater crossbowmen

Master, Lance, Heavy Armour, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Cold One, Battle Standard Bearer, Hydra Standard - goes with CoKs

Core
====

Dark Elf Warriors x 20, Shields, FC - 155

Dark Riders x 5, Musician, RXBs - 117

Dark Riders x 5, Musician, RXBs - 117

Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen x 10, Shields - 110

Harpies x 5

Harpies x 5

Special
======

Cold One Knights x 5, FC, Standard of Slaughter, Null Talisman on the Dread Knight - 225

Rare
====

War Hydra

Reaper Bolt Thrower x 2

It's a lot smaller than I'm used to, and a lot shootier. Main battle plan is to bunker the level 2 sorceress in the RXBs and give her either Lore of Metal or Fire, and use her to do some spell blasting from long range and take out heavier targets, while the RXBs shoot up opposing skirmishers or what-have-you. The Supreme Sorceress flits around blasting opposing formations with Dark Magic. The Master rides with the Cold One Knights, who serve as my hammer. The Dark Riders flank and pick on warmachine crews or go suicide wizard hunting. The warriors march up the center of the field, to either claim table quarters or bait my opponent into hitting them so my CoKs can come clean up, or they go in against my opponent's infantry, as necessary. The Reaper Bolt Throwers clean up heavy cav or shoot up the enemy formation as required, and the Hydra goes nearish the CoKs to hopefully get some combo charges, or at least support one another. Harpies just screen the CoKs so they don't get shot up too badly crossing the field.

So - Thoughts?

PARTYCHICORITA
04-10-2008, 18:45
Nice list :)

LION
07-10-2008, 18:07
;)You like Magic? Then stick the level 4 S Sorceress in a 25+ SpearElf unit with that wierd Scrafical Knife thing I played against last week. Maybe model a small Alter with a few chained HElf. Scarifice away till your elbow deep in power. Up the RXBs to 15 min to accompany level 2.

REASONS FOR CHANGES? The 10elf RXBs is to small for a Bunker at 2000. Hell it wouldn't make a speedbump. If you leave the Socceress flaping around on her own she will picked off early more times than you wish.
Give her the power of numbers. Loads of luck LION

---------------------------------
Lions Weekly Bits Box Blitz Sponsored by Elf Glue
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165087