Marigan: sorcerer of chaos
chaos armour; handweapon
lv.2
1x dispel scroll

Morr: sorcerer of chaos
chaos armour; handweapon
lv.2

Core:

29 marauders: handweapon, shield light, armour (includes Marigan)
free full command

29 marauders: handweapon, shield, light armour (includes Morr)
free full command

30 marauders: handweapon, shield, light armour
free full command

2x 7 warhounds

2x 5 marauder horseman: handweapon, steed
flails
musician

Special:

2x 5 chosen knights of chaos (includes a heroe per unit)
Banner

Rare:

2x Spawn of Chaos

This is the themed army I'm working on currently (and maby if I can get a cam will make some pictures) It is fluff based on the comic of Sláine.

I would like to know what you guys think about it, In the previous versions of it I tested multiple things (a lord, witch went okay but the main problem is the low leadership of the marauders and the barded lord. a low magic one, an army with a standard bearer witch also worked, but the banner was mostley the target of the game) and now I will test this army on a small club-tournament.

I also would like to know what you think of the spawns, should I use them with the mark of slaanesh? or are the points better used on a chariot or 2 extra chosen?

The list will be used on tournaments so it's an all comer. Would it stand against most of it?

Give it your opinion, Ciao

Kohhna
14-11-2005, 11:58
Nice theme. Dying to see how you're going to run with it, I'd suggest you might want to use some Celtos stuff in your conversions.

Literally no idea as to how the list will play.

Dreadaxe
14-11-2005, 12:33
Use Wargames Foundry miniatures too
http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/2000ad/index.asp

Killax
14-11-2005, 15:15
Thanks for the tips You guys.

And yes, it will be a heavy converted army. With much Celtic tones to it, like warpaint for the eyes, 3 units of 30 marauders witch have a cilt (don't know if I wrote that good:?)

And the Sláine will be a archaon conversion with the deamonic steed as a moose. A simply gor head and greenstuff conversion. And he will loke a bit like Magma trax with the grimgor axe and the head of a space wolf space marine.

It indeed has a lot to do ;)

Still a lot of game-play tips are welcome!

the_night_reaper
14-11-2005, 22:50
Making the spawns slaanesh is definately worth it.

Since I dont really know much about the slaine army im not going to comment about the army composition much, but gameplay with this army could be fun.

I'm guessing what you're going to do is the chaos sweep? If you don't know and for other readers who don't it oretty much means the whole army moves forward sweeping the board of all enemies and mostly relying on it's brutality in combat. Here's how I would setup your army from left to right:
Knights, horsemen, spawn, marauder unit, marauder unit, marauder unit, spawn, horsemen, knights. The warounds can be setup as a screen for the knights. the horsemen should be used to draw in enemy, screen the knights or hunt warmachines whatever best fits the situation. everything else should be pretty self explanatory as you play the game.

Also try maybe giving one squad of marauders great weapons. S5 is cool, and scary so might draw some fire from the knights and will make a mess in combat. Another bit of army composition advice, drop the horses on the exalted champions and put them in marauder units so that they don't have to rely on out numbering the opponent to win like undead, orc or the empire. If your going to stick a couple of the best hero level fighters in a unit of the best heavy cavalry, you might as well paint targets on their shields too and put a sticky note on them saying shoot me. Then you could use those points for another unit of warhounds which are incredibly useful. However this would mean that you wouldn't be able to convert your slaine guy from the archaon model and he wouldn't have a moose to ride on and I'm pretty sure that in themed armies like this, not having the leaders special mount could be out of the question.So it's up to you.

Savnock
15-11-2005, 05:01
I'm guessing what you're going to do is the chaos sweep? If you don't know and for other readers who don't it oretty much means the whole army moves forward sweeping the board of all enemies and mostly relying on it's brutality in combat. Here's how I would setup your army from left to right:
Knights, horsemen, spawn, marauder unit, marauder unit, marauder unit, spawn, horsemen, knights. The warounds can be setup as a screen for the knights. the horsemen should be used to draw in enemy, screen the knights or hunt warmachines whatever best fits the situation. everything else should be pretty self explanatory as you play the game.

Good advice, except that fast cav are best deployed outside the knights rather than inside. Fast cav are better used for flank attacks and defending your own flanks, including those of the knight unit they're supporting. So- horsemen, knights, spawn, marauders x3, spawn, knights, horsemen. In fact, the knights could also be combined on one flank if you're facing a refused flank setup from Dwarves, Saurus or the like.

Also try maybe giving one squad of marauders great weapons. S5 is cool, and scary so might draw some fire from the knights and will make a mess in combat.

More good advice. Probably best for one of the side units of Marauders, chosen to match enemy strong points or defend a flank against aggressive armies like Bretts or another Chaos army.

Also good points on separating the Chosen and the characters- listen to this guy for sure. If you do keep the character, consider downgrading his bodyguard knights to regular old Chaos Knights. The character should more than make up for it.

Personally, I think Chosen Knights are overkill in 2000 points, and regular knights are bad-ass enough. If you downgraded both units, you could almost afford a third unit- which would really suit your horde style that you seem to present in the rest of the list.

Killax
15-11-2005, 05:58
Well Indeed the sweep is done. Maby with the spawns even between the 3 marauders horde units. Because the flank possibilities it gives are great.

Also the marauder horseman indeed take the flanks or the warmachine's it depends if they get shot or not ;)

The steup would be this:

Horseman-Warhounds-Marauders-Spawn-Marauders-Spawn-Marauders-W-H
Knights knights

More tips are welcome, and indeed I have to admit the normal knights and heroe combo would do, but I do want at least to punching units witch I can trust to kill a unit because If I get to fight a skaven horde or something like it. (undead, tombkings walls ;) ) The chosen will break units, so thats bassicly the reason I take them.

Also about the warmachines I do wonder if it's going to be a big problem (tough i do have to say that my marauders survided 4 Bolttowers :) )

the_night_reaper
15-11-2005, 20:12
You really need those warhound units screening your knights. As most warrmachines (cannon/bolt thrower) dont allow your knights to take their armour save. And don't have your knights on one side as your plan. Only use it versus dwarves or empire. Against fast armies like elves they could easily get away from your knights making them never see combat, unless it's on their flank.

Killax
15-11-2005, 20:20
Your right on some points, have to remember that against fast cav armies, thank you :)

Also mostley indeed the knights will be screened, I also hope for some lucky spells from my shadow sorcerers like the 6 to hit, or scatter. It would really make my units even harder. Also the fear and 8 inch magic charge won't hurt (well not me ;) )

More is still welcome, and I also wonder if it's able to win from WE armies like the wardancers and other small units, as my marauders will be weak if flanked.

And I hope to update something soon with some pictures of the first painted and based marauders of sláine.