PDA

View Full Version : Take all comer Anvil of doom combo?

TeddyC
04-10-2008, 11:25
A question....

Anvil of doom is expensive as it is.... I play 3k games and Im looking to either a) leave it 'bare' with minimal runes or b) tool it up to be uber survivable.

I dont really know if its survivable enough on its own. Rune of preservation along with spellbreaker runes eem to be the norm for this unit but just wanted to see if the folks of warseer could recommend anything better?

havoc626
04-10-2008, 11:32
When I've run it, I've taken Rune of preservation, Rune of fortitude and the toughness rune, as I want it to survive, and I havent lost it yet. I find that I have enough DD without spellbreaker runes, as I tend to run heavy magic defence armies. Actually, completely defensive armies in all aspects with my dwarves. If I'm against a magic heavy army, then I take the dispel runes on the rune priests.

I know that there are other, in some cases, better ways to equip the lord, but if it ain't broke, why fix it?

TeddyC
05-10-2008, 10:12
So we are looking at 4 wound, T 6 character that is immune to Poison or killing blow.....

more than double the points of my 45 pts worth!!! lol However he does look uber survivable. Will definately bear that combo in mind if running bigger games.

Ive build a list as follows:

Rune Lord + AoD + RoStone + RoPres + RoSpellbreaking

Thane + BSB

20 Clansmen, HW + Sh + FC

20 Clansmen, HW + Sh + FC

10 Thunderers

10 Thunderers

10 Quarrellers

19 Hammerers, SH + FC + RoStoicism

10 Slayers

8 Miners

Organ Gun

Organ Gun

ehlijen
05-10-2008, 10:57
I use the anvil without any runes (occasionally the rune of stone) most of the time and it does ok and rarely ever dies. At T5 with a 2+ save it takes a lot of killing already and usually can be set up in hard to reach places.

That said, sometimes I just throw bucketloads of super killy runes onto it and place it in front of something really nasty in the opponents army :D Quote: "You just did what to my steam tank?"

TeddyC
05-10-2008, 12:39
well that was my thought, I think if I tool it up to be EVEN MORE survivable I can sit it on the front rank, it can take pretty much anything and if im holding the line that think is as bigger tarpit as any for survivability.