PDA

View Full Version : TK Tournament Army - Suggestions

adatopoulos
04-10-2008, 14:09
Hi everyone, i'm going to participate a local tourney with TK after playing with Orcs for a long time. What do you think about this army list?

Characters

Tomb King (Chariot, Flail of Skulls, Collar of Shapesh, Vambraces of the Sun) 300
Tomb Prince (Chariot, Flail, Brooch of the Great Desert) 172
Tomb Prince (Chariot, Flail, Icon of Rulership) 167
Lich Priest (Cloak of Dunes, Hierartic Jar) 160

Core

5 Skeleton Chariots (Standard, Champion, Icon of the Sacred Eye) 290
3 Skeleton Chariots (Standard) 140
3 Skeleton Chariots (Standard) 140

Special

3 Ushabti 195
Tomb Scorpion 85
Tomb Scorpion 85
Tomb Scorpion 85

Rare

Screaming Skull Catapult 90
Screaming Skull Catapult 90

My justifications for some units/builds:

1) 2 SSC? I found that the biggest difficulty with TK is S7 characters on flying mounts namely Star Dragon, Bloodthrister, Dark Elf Lord on Dragon (Pot of Str) etc. Having no rank/file units to tie them up (and even if i include rank/file, they can just ignore it with their flying movement and kill chariots), the only solution i found is to focus casting Smiting incantation to catapults and/or charge with King and hoping to kill the monster with flail of skulls, and/or hoping that he fails his LD test after killing King/Prince.

2) No Skulls of Foe? Many armies in WH are immune to it, and the reason we include catapults is to shoot large targets.

3) No unit champions in small chariot units? Champions are expensive, and doesn't prevent a charging S7 hero character to destroy the unit. The only solution i found is to have 3 chariots in front rank, with prince in middle, so he can challenge and besides, that character build is rare in tournement envinronment.

4) Icon of Rulership lawl n00b!!?? When i build this army the first time, i had Light Armor for all characters, and shield for princes. That left me 10 pts, which i took a musician for 1 of small chariot units (i can't take it for main chariot unit, because sometimes i want 3 chariots in front rank, and it's not possible with Std, Musician, Champ + character) But i found that everytime i'm in combat, people always try to hit prince/king's chariot instead of the character itself. So it wasn't useful. So i removed shields and LA's, that left me with 20 pts, which is why i took this item... I didn't playtested it yet so i'm not sure if it's viable or not...

Any suggestions?

Kalec
04-10-2008, 15:49
I think that you would get more comments if you posted it here:
http://warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37

It looks fun, but leaves you seriously lacking magic. Getting to charge with the scorpion or chariots or getting an extra shot from the catapult is worth a lot, and you won't be getting very much done with just 1 priest.

However, I agree that two catapults are necessary, and 3 tomb scorpions will cause some damage.

adatopoulos
04-10-2008, 17:15
oops sorry it looks like i posted it to wrong place... :(

Makarion
04-10-2008, 17:15
I'd be tempted to exchange the Collar of Shapesh, Icon of Rulership and Icon of the Sacred Eye for a Chariot of Fire on the King, a Banner of the Undying Legion on the King's Unit, and a Golden Akhra (or maybe Scorpion Armour) somewhere. It's otherwise probably the best low-magic TK army I have yet seen

adatopoulos
04-10-2008, 19:33
I didn't playtested it a lot, but magic still seems formidable, having 5 autocast spells/turn + jar. Vs 3-4 dispel dice + 2 scroll (the most common magic defence combination i've seen so far) King-2 Prince- LP is just as effective as King-Prince-2 LP, and you literrally rule the magic phase with this character combination. Vs 6-7 dispel dice and +1-2 to dispel it's a bit more tricky, but many armies in tourney envinronment don't have that much dispelling power, and even if they have that much dispel power, then hopefully it means they don't have that much fighting power to beat 3 fighter characters.

The only justification for Icon of the Sacred Eye is, it's cruical when we have to suicide charge and take out that dragon, 3+ instead of 4+ makes the whole difference imo, so i just can't swap it with warbanner/undying banner. Collar+Vambraces > Golden Ankhra imo but it's arguable. I wish i had 5 more points somewhere to get Chariot of Fire instead of Icon of Rulership... :( I also wish i had room for Scorpion Armour, but it's just too expensive for me...

Danger Rat
05-10-2008, 15:46
Id drop the ushabti in favour of another unit of chariots with 4 of them not 3 and upgrade the kings chariot to the chariot of fire as its very useful and i never leave home without it