PDA

View Full Version : bsb

Fhoen
04-10-2008, 17:25
Yesterday i was writing my army list for my high elves and i came up with a problem...

Back in the days a BSB couldn't have a shield nor other weapons... now it doesn't say anywhere in the high elves book that he can't have a shield / greatweapon ...
In the Rule book it doesn't say anything about this option either...
In the dwarf book it says u can't wear a great weapon, ect. ...
so is this army/army the BSB goes or is there a universal rule about it?
can they wear optional weapons or not?

Braad
04-10-2008, 17:30
If their is no rule saying they can't, and they armybook gives options for equipping them, then you can.

Its true, there used to be such a rule, but they let go of it in the most recent books.
My O&G armybook still says "only light or heavy armour" or something like that, but I believe somewhere around Empire, they dropped it.

MalusCalibur
04-10-2008, 17:30
It is a ruling specific to each army, but the recent trend seems to be to allow BSB's to use most normal equipment, like shields etc.
Unfortunately, the older books like Dwarves were written before this decision was taken and so still have the limitations as stated.

MalusCalibur

BEEGfrog
04-10-2008, 17:41
An elven BSB appears to be able to be as armed to the teeth as a black orc: a standard, additional HW, longbow, armour, shield and on a barded steed or chariot.

Anton
04-10-2008, 18:04
This is a good change, as it makes the BSB more durable.

Harwammer
04-10-2008, 21:38
This change was made after the release of 7th edition orcs (though can be gotten around by taking a black orc BSB who comes with an additional weapon and great weapon by default).

Braad
05-10-2008, 07:52
This is a good change, as it makes the BSB more durable.

Actually, from what I understood, this was the whole reason to do so. They were often too vulnerable, especially when given a magic banner so they could not be equipped with magic weapons and stuff.

Fhoen
05-10-2008, 16:29
thx for the help people ... i though this but opposition wasn't aggreeing with me... so we did old ways :)

case closed imo!