PDA

View Full Version : 2000 of WE

Akuma
13-11-2005, 17:15
1 Spellsinger 175 Pts
General; Magic Level 2; Lore of Athel Loren; Longbow
Calaingor's Stave [25]
Dispel Scroll [25]

Sticks in a middle of a free forest with his body guards and casts tree singing.

1 Spellsinger 162 Pts
Magic Level 2; Lore of Athel Loren; Longbow; Elf Steed
Dispel Scroll [25]

Moves around with glade ridders and tries to cast something usefull

1 Alter Noble 158 Pts
Alter; Great Weapon; Longbow; Light Armour; Shield
Hail of Doom Arrow [30]
Helm of the Hunt [20]

Libero - hunts small elite units with week as and scoops characters in and outside of units.

2x10 Glade Guard 120 Pts

Main long range killers

5 Scouts 128 Pts
Longbow; Standard; Musician
Banner of Zenith [25]

The tricky unit used to counter fast armys. They will deploy in a free forest more then 2" deep ( so thay can't be charged ) and the whole forest will be deployed so i will catch enemy units in 12" range right from first turn. Great and inovative unit aginst armys like chaos , brets and stuff. An added musican if thay ever need to flee as reaction.

12 Dryads 144 Pts

Screen

3x5 Glade Riders 360 Pts

Long Range Supporters and flank chargers - stay outside range of possible handguns and stuff and popper the enemy with arrows - as a bonus thay can assume march denying role when enemy gets past forest of no marching.

6 Wardancers 108 Pts

Either Hard hitting kommando used in conjunction with glade riders or a bodyguard for general ( in case of tunnelers for example )

3 Warhawk Riders 120 Pts

Mage hunting goodnes :D and march hinderers

5 Waywatchers 120 Pts

Used to distract enemy and go for most valuable units ( knights and stuff )

1 Treeman 285 Pts

Second Hammer of the army - stays in forest and charges out aiming for the flank.

Casting Pool: 6

Dispel Pool: 4

Models in Army: 70

Total Army Cost: 2000

So what do you think ???

The Plan involves careful placing of the free forest and tryies to take full advantage of it. We play on 48" on 48" boards so if i place my free forest outside enemy deployment zone - like in the center of a table i will be able to make 12" around it a non marching zone. thous living corridors of 12" on both sides that allow marching. Either my enemy will devide his army in two or squises them throught one such corridor - both of cases are just great because i can easly shoot one portion of his army and manuver so he can only catch Glade Guard with the rest , or i can shoot and redeploy my army on the side he's not going throught at all :D.

shadowprince
14-11-2005, 02:29
no critiscisms here, no lord?

Akuma
14-11-2005, 16:20
Lords in WE are to expensive for what thay do :))) - any more sugestions ??

Crube
14-11-2005, 16:24
Just a query on the standard in the scout unit. i would assume they get used in a similar way to your Glade Riders?