PDA

View Full Version : Question about "crown of everlasting conquest"+"pendant of slaanesh"

akgaroth
04-10-2008, 22:51
Well, this combo existed in the previous Hordes of Chaos, but personally i never used before, since i had to put to my chaos lord the mark of slaanesh (which was weaker than the mark of chaos undivided and i had to pay for it).
Now that there's no more mark restrictions for magic items, i was tempted to use this combo:

-crown of everlasting conquest= regeneration
-pendant of slaanesh=each unsaved wound suffered by the character gives him +1A for the rest of the battle.

Since the regeneration is activated AFTER the character suffered a wound, i'm correct if i state that with this combo i can potentially reach and even surpass A10 ? Anyone has used this combo before, and you know by experience if is worth to pay 70 pts. for this combo?

thanks for answer to my question.

Makaber
04-10-2008, 22:56
Previously, I'd dig up my books and have a go at giving you a conclusive answer.

However, with 7th edition, Regeneration works exactly like a Ward save, so it's a moot point as you save the wound before suffering it anyway.

loveless
04-10-2008, 22:59
Makaber is correct. In 7th Edition, Regeneration is just a special ward save that takes place after armour saves and ward saves and is negated by flaming attacks and/or killing blow.

So it actually no longer activates after suffering a wound (i.e. you never actually lose a "regenerated" wound in 7th)

akgaroth
05-10-2008, 12:23
Oh, so is no more at the end of the phase when you can regenerate?
Oh well, there are more interesting combinations in the new WoC.
Thanks for the answers!

EvC
05-10-2008, 12:49
It has been like that for several years and indeed more than one edition now ;)