PDA

View Full Version : Dogs of War

Crymson
05-10-2008, 08:35
I am thinking about converting my Empire army into a Dogs of War army. I have downloaded the two army list documents from the GW website (the DoW list plus Regiments of Renown). I have two questions:

1) Are Dogs of War only allowed to take common magical items?

2) Are there any other Regiments of Renown or special characters that can be included in a DoW army?

Bloodknight
05-10-2008, 08:53
1. Yes.

2. There used to be rules for Lucrezzia Belladonna, Mydas the Mean, Lorenzo Lupo, Borgio the Besieger and Ghazak Khan in a WD. They were republished in one of the Chronicles books and were available for download a while ago. As for other RoR: does the downloaded list already include the Cursed Company, Ruglud's armoured orcs and Menghil's Manflayers? If not, try to get the rules of the Manflayers, they are one of the best RoR, albeit a bit hard to use - but very dangerous. Also, don't forget the Goblin Hewer.

Crymson
05-10-2008, 09:47
It has the Cursed Company and the Orcs, but not the Manflayers.

Crymson
06-10-2008, 04:41
Going by the Army Builder file, I have all the rules I need - except Marco Columbo.

Where would I find his rules?

Condottiere
06-10-2008, 07:11
As I recall there two sets for Marco, post- and pre- discovery. Rather like Leonardo, they weren't republished.

Zachary
09-10-2008, 01:29
Last time i checked the manflayer rules were included in the DE section

Braad
09-10-2008, 05:42
US website doesn't feature them anymore, it seems...

Thank Gork for the UK one. It seemed I didn't even have the manflayer rules yet... Now I do. They are on the bottom of this page:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/dogsofwar/manflayers/1/

Faustburg
09-10-2008, 06:10
The Goblin Hewer isn't available to Dogs of War, it's a Dwarf Slayer army entry that could also be taken for ordinary Dwarfs or Empire, not a regular mercenary unit.

And Marco Columbo didn't have any special rules, to my knowledge, the article when the model was released told you to use a suitable character type from your army (eg Empire captain) to represent him.

Zilverug
09-10-2008, 10:52
The Goblin Hewer isn't available to Dogs of War, it's a Dwarf Slayer army entry that could also be taken for ordinary Dwarfs or Empire, not a regular mercenary unit.

The Goblin Hewer is available to a Dogs of War army.
Source: SoC book.

Bloodknight
09-10-2008, 12:08
Of course it's available to DoW.

Marco Colombo has indeed rules, they were written by the Italian WD crew.

Zachary
09-10-2008, 19:41
Look in the canadien website for manflayer rules

ZigZagMan
10-10-2008, 14:22
There is also the truthsayers, dark emissary's, and amazon serpent preistesses (lustria, WD 307, uk)

Crymson
11-10-2008, 08:33
Thanks everyone. Seems the only rules I can't find are for Marco Colombo. Apparently they were in an Oz WD at some stage?