PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME!!!!! Empire 1000pts

Blacula
05-10-2008, 19:22
i need a basic empire army, but have no idea! Please can u guys help (it needs to include some halbierders as ive bought some and some guys from the militia box!) Thanx ;)

SilentTempest
05-10-2008, 22:40
As a starting point, how about you look at something along the lines of:
2 blocks of infantry each with a supporting combat detachment and shooting detachment
1 unit of knights
1 unit of crossbowmen/handgunners
A couple of artillery pieces
One or two cheap characters.

That's a balanced-ish list. If you flesh that list out and bring it back to Warseer, it will be much easier for people to help you because you'll have specific questions. And if you don't like that list, then just swap in more of what you like for the stuff in my list that you don't like. If you're just starting, don't try to lock yourself down into the single list to beat all lists, cos you'll find you get bored pretty quickly.

Makarion
05-10-2008, 23:50
At 1,000 points, I would suggest not using magic at all and getting a captain and a warrior priest as your character. The captain can function as a BSB (don't give him a magical banner though, you're better of with some protective gear), and the warrior priest is a fine general at these lower point totals.

Here's an example of what you could do. There's dozens of lists just as viable though. This is just under 1,000 points, and should be a balanced list.

Warrior Priest. General.
Armour of Meteoric Iron, great weapon.

Captain. BSB.
Barded Warhorse, full plate armour, shield.

24 swordsmen.
Full Command
Detachment of 5 handgunners
Detachment of 9 halberds

23 swordsmen.
Full Command
Detachment of 5 handgunners
Detachment of 9 halberds

10 Crossbowmen.

5 Inner Circle Knights.
Musician.

1 Great Cannon.

T10
06-10-2008, 01:40
i need a basic empire army, but have no idea! Please can u guys help (it needs to include some halbierders as ive bought some and some guys from the militia box!) Thanx ;)

Damn, that's easy. You need at least two core choices and a character to be the general.

That covers the basics, so look to Makarion's post for the details.

-T10

The Farmer
06-10-2008, 06:59
Just a note empire BSB's can't take shields.

Blacula
06-10-2008, 19:36
ok how bout THE EMPORER KARL FRAN.... oh wait soz
Captain Full Plate and Bardin and horsey 74pts
Battle Wizard 65pts ========= 139pts

25 spearmen /w command shields 170 pts
10 crossbowmen 80pts
10 halbearders xD 50pts
X2 but with gunners for next 1 ======= 600 pts

5 knights war banner /w M+St command (no preceptor) 164 pts PLUS GENERAL in here

1 Cannon ============================ 1003 pts

Blacula
06-10-2008, 19:37
soz 1005 pts

Blacula
06-10-2008, 19:40
i didnt want a warrior priest as the armys i want to beat are magic heavy and i need dispeller, DAMN THAT DE SORCEROR

Othiem
06-10-2008, 21:14
i didnt want a warrior priest as the armys i want to beat are magic heavy and i need dispeller, DAMN THAT DE SORCEROR

You do realize that warrior priests add dice to your dispel pool right? They can't carry scrolls though if that's what you're going for. However in a 1000 point game, the war priest general, bsb, and one lvl 2 mage setup for heros is quite strong.

For kicks and giggles vs DE, you could give your BSB a casket of sorcery, put him in with the calv, and try and get close to the unit that the sorc is hiding in. Stealing power of darkness is a good way to **** off your opponent. However you're probably better off leaving the spell and waiting for the sorc to inevitably blow her head off.

Blacula
07-10-2008, 17:59
You do realize that warrior priests add dice to your dispel pool right?
OMG REALLY OWNED , soz ok then thts gr8!

Makarion
07-10-2008, 18:02
Just a note empire BSB's can't take shields.

Good catch - thanks. Always irritates me, as almost all armies released since can.