PDA

View Full Version : Two 500 point Dwarf armies

Grom Wronghand
05-10-2008, 21:33
I came up with a couple of lists for 500 point games. Normally I use a warrior block, thunderers and a bolt thrower, but I wanted something a bit more different so I came up with these two. I think I prefer the second myself. What are your thoughts?

List 1

Thane
Great Weapon
Rune of Stone x2
Rune of Iron

20 Warriors
Shields
Full Command

10 Quarrellers
Great Weapons

Bolt Thrower
Engineer
Rune of Reloading

This one is pretty simple (Most lists are at games this small). A largish block of Warriors with the Thane do the most fighting while Quarrellers and the Bolt Thrower take out as much as possible. The Quarrellers are of note in that they can inflict a surprising amount of casualties in combat with their GWs and are therefore and effective flanking force. The Thane's magic armour basically comes from any spare points I had. If you can think of a better use for 25 points, then please enlighten me.

List 2

Thane
Great Weapon
Rune of Stone

14 Warriors
Shields
Full Command

10 Quarrellers
Great Weapons

10 Thunderers
Musician

This list sacrifices its bolt thrower and six warriors in return for a small unit of Thunderers. The general plan is to shoot as much as possible with handguns and crossbows until the enemy reaches dwarf lines. The warriors and thane will hopefully take the charge with the quarrellers performing a flank charge or attacking any other units they have with great weapons. The thunderers can be held in reserve and shoot what they can when combat takes place.

Frep
06-10-2008, 22:52
Why the Rune of reloading on the Bolthrower? Bolthrowers don't misfire so thats just wasted point. As general rule if the enemy has killed one of your 4 man crew the rest are gonna be kaput. The rune of iron on your than isn't gonna be all that useful either a 6 plus ward save isn't all that impressive either.

The second list would be better if you dropped the thunderers put the warriors back up to 20 and used the points to make your quarrellers either larger, or give them a command group. You may also want to considerf dropping their great weapons to get more bodies in your list, but its all up to you.

gortexgunnerson
07-10-2008, 11:22
I think either going for a all shooting or all combat would be good. Personally I like the shooting army but it wont win you any friends taking it:

Thane 65
GW 4
Rune of stone 5

Organ gun 120

10 Quarallers with shields 120

10 Quarallers with shields 120

5 Ironbreakers 65

Or something with a bit more combat punch:
Thane 65
GW 4
Rune of stone 5

19 Warriors shields 196

10 Longbeards GW 130

10 Warriors GW 100

The only problem is with this your opponent might dance around you

Grom Wronghand
07-10-2008, 16:07
@Frep: Its not a waste bringing the Rune of Reloading, as the reason I've used it is in case the crew die to magic or shooting. And I had ten points spare. As I said in the original post, the rune of iron is only there because I couldn't really think of any other way to spend the spare points. The whole point of the second list was to try and fit more units in. The great weapon quarrellers are a definite for me, as I want them to be able to perform well in close combat should the need arise.

@gortexgunnerson: An all shooting army is a definite no-no I'm afraid. I do quite like the second list however, I'm certainly going to consider it.