PDA

View Full Version : Assassin and Potion of Strength

Deathwatch
06-10-2008, 07:29
Hi,
I think I already know the answer ot this but at Heat 1 of the WFB GT yesterday a few people were talking about DE assassin using Rending stars and potion of strength.
Have i missed something as nowhere in the assassins rules does it state they can take magice Items. Have is missed an FAQ or was the advise wrong?

Atrahasis
06-10-2008, 08:35
The advice was wrong. There are only 2 (IIRC) magic items available to Assassins, and they appear on the Gifts of Khaine page.

Gazak Blacktoof
06-10-2008, 08:51
You haven't missed anything.

Shadowblade is the only assassin with than can have (and must take) a potion of strength. Shadowblade doesn't have rending stars.

StormCrow
06-10-2008, 09:26
You haven't missed anything.

Shadowblade is the only assassin with than can have (and must take) a potion of strength. Shadowblade doesn't have rending stars.

He has rending stars in my copy of the dark elf book.

But apart from that no other assassin can take the potion of strength, so they must have been referring to shadowblade.

theunwantedbeing
06-10-2008, 11:26
It's a non-issue anyway.
He'll never be under the effects of the potion and be able to throw his rending stars to get st8 thrown weapons.

Gazak Blacktoof
06-10-2008, 11:27
Must have missed that. Sorry.

Valek
16-10-2008, 21:28
What about a normal assassin throwing rending starts to say a toughness 6 creature?

Does he get str 7 stars, or does he go str+1 and +1 of poison and thus wounding on a 2+??

Lord Dan
17-10-2008, 02:31
A normal assassin may NOT take the potion of strength. The only assassin able to do so is the special character Shadowblade.

If you are asking about rending stars combined with manbane the maximum strength that can be achieved is 6, regardless of other modifiers.

Arnizipal
17-10-2008, 10:52
If you are asking about rending stars combined with manbane the maximum strength that can be achieved is 6, regardless of other modifiers.
Don't go there... :eek:

highelfmage
22-10-2008, 23:30
A normal assassin may NOT take the potion of strength. The only assassin able to do so is the special character Shadowblade.

where does it say u can never go above S6?

Lord Dan
22-10-2008, 23:33
Manbane
A model with a weapon coated with manbane always counts their strength as one higher than their target's toughnes, unless their strength would normally be more than this, up to a maximum of strength 6.

If the weapon has manbane on it, you can't go any higher than that, period.