PDA

View Full Version : Magic Shooty Orcs and still Hordy

bambamBIGILO
06-10-2008, 07:58
Just sitting and thinking and wondered if anyone ever uses an orc list like this, or even seen one

Great Shamen(orc)- 280pts
lvl 4
staff of baduumm
amulet of protectyness

Orc shamen 100pts
lvl2

Nght Gobbo shamen- 85pts
lvl2

Nght Gobbo shamen- 85pts
lvl2

25 boyz- 180
full cmd
shield

25 boyz- 180
full cmd
shield

25 boyz- 180
full cmd
shield

25 boyz- 180
full cmd
shield

25 Night Gobbos- 180
full cmd
2 fanatics
nets

25 Night Gobbos- 145
full cmd
2 fanatics

6x Bolt throwers-240pts
bully

2x Doom Divers- 160pts

Total Models- 196
Total Casting- 12
Total Dispel- 7

Just trying to change up my mostly orc fighty character list for somthing different. Is it to cheesy for most peoples taste or just to one trick pony.

Tonedogbf110
06-10-2008, 13:08
its worth a try, but spear chukkas are not that great IMO, I much prefer rock lobbas. 2x doom divers could be a real winner though. After my last game I am considering using a second DD instead of the giant.

I managed to kill a star dragon with a combination of fanatics and the DD yesterday, my enemy was nearly in tears.

trouble is Orc magic is a bit pants, and any half decent magic using opponent will shut you down in the magic phase. and you have no fast moving units.

Personally I use orcs at what they do best, close combat and being very hitty with chariots, boars and orcs.

I'd be interested to see how this list performs though.

LION
06-10-2008, 16:19
;)No I haven't seen such a style of Orc & Goblin Army in use. I like it and would stick with the bolt Throwers. Only other advice would be to cut a Doom Diver + a few Orks and Get 2 five strong Wolf Rider units for general flanking / scarifice LION

bambamBIGILO
06-10-2008, 20:15
well this was the other list i was thinking of its definatly more flexable, has some fast cav aand such, just for march blocking. But no magic.

Blorc warboss- 204pts
-best basha
-en. shield
-hvy armor
-boar

Blorc Bigboss-180pts
-hvy armor
-shield
-boar
-BSB (spirit totem)

Blorc Bigboss-117pts
-hvy armor
-shield
-boar
-sword of might

Goblin Big Boss- 139pts
-chariot
-Brimstone bauble
-one hit wunda
-light armor
-shield

(3x) 25 boyz- 495pts
-musician
-standard

(2x) 25 Night goblins- 274pts
-musician
-standard
-2x fanatics

(6x) spear chukkas 240pts
-bully

(2x) goblin doom divers- 160pts

Goblin Rock Lobba- 70pts

(2x) 5 wolf riders- 120pts

Dont know if I really need the bullys in the chukkas with some smart deployment i might be able to get away without them but what ya think,
i have pretty good luck with the chukkas but usually only use 2. Managed to take out a Dwarflord first turn, (had a re-rollable 0+ and ward save of 4+ or somthing, the snake eyes kept coming up, thought i was lucky when he failed the look out sir so u can imagine how happy i was when he died)

Tonedogbf110
07-10-2008, 09:23
I think the second list is a bit more flexible as well.
lets us know how it fares.

nice job on the dwarf lord.

the last time I played Dwarfs I lost my general to a flame cannon in T1!
a complete fluke on my opponents part. he was the only figure he managed to kill in the attack as well!

bambamBIGILO
10-10-2008, 07:42
will try it out this weekend i think ill let u know, minimum gaming time though ive been playing orcs for 3 years and want to try out my dark eleves too(got them 2 weeks ago the CoK sold me). I hope to try out both this weekend though

gortexgunnerson
13-10-2008, 16:11
Dont know if I really need the bullys in the chukkas with some smart deployment i might be able to get away without them but what ya think,
i have pretty good luck with the chukkas but usually only use 2. Managed to take out a Dwarflord first turn, (had a re-rollable 0+ and ward save of 4+ or somthing, the snake eyes kept coming up, thought i was lucky when he failed the look out sir so u can imagine how happy i was when he died)

How did you hit a dwarf lord in a unit on turn 1 with spear chukkas? do you mean rock lobbers? (even on sheild bearers he couldnt be picked out of the unit)

Spear chukka are worth their weight in gold as 1 decent hit and you have paid for the model and anything big giants, hydras dragon is just a gimmie! Bullies are good for their points adding a little ld for very points.

I had 4 hobgoblin bolt throwers in my chaos dwarfs at my last tournment and they were leathal! Especially against deamons where they just cut up the expensive troops

Nighthawke
13-10-2008, 16:32
i think it looks really, good, problem is your war machines might not be able to see due to mass units
have you though of making one unit of night gobbos with bows then sticking the poisen banner in there
also on a personal not i would prefer some shamans though as orc and goblin magic is awesome

Magx
14-10-2008, 02:01
Personnally, I prefer your first list but I would do a little bit of Modification. Even though putting 6x Chukkas is a great idea, I'd down that to 4 and manage to find anoter 80 points to put 2x Orc Chariots since you don't have anything fast.

bambamBIGILO
16-10-2008, 03:36
if anyone is still paying attention the game last weekend didnt work out due to thanksgiving (Im canadian ours is different by and by) but ill report next time i can but my new VC (and i know against the green code but i only have one fantasy army and just expanded to three cause of some great deals i got) showed up as did my brothers empire so that might take up some time what with us starting a campaign with some other friends (and another brother) However if it helps my brother immediatly complained that the lis (2nd) was gay so it must be worth somthing

warlord hack'a
16-10-2008, 11:49
nice build but if you go magic and shooty heavy why not go all the way and have tons of nigo units with tons of fanatics: shoot and magic the enemy to bits, then release fanatics as they come closer, gives you even more time to shoot and magic them to bits..

you can not snipe with bolt throwers: you hit the unit and only rank and file unless the enemy unit has less than 5 r&f troopers left, then you randomize.. Look out sir is only for template weapons..

Magx
16-10-2008, 16:23
it's really a good idea, since the fanatics provoques panique test at 25% like with shooting and Magic...