PDA

View Full Version : [2250] Khorne Daemons - First Fantasy List

Miggidy Mack
06-10-2008, 12:02
So I'm not even 100% sure this army is even legal. I'm sitting down with the books trying to suss out a Khorne themed fantasy army. I have a great conversion/modeling project with them and while the army might not be incredibly powerful I really like all the models and my conversion plans SHOULD come out pretty good. I just want to get some advice before I go in and drop the cash on all the models at once! The army comes out to 2170 and I'm aiming for 2250 which means there is 80 points of wiggle room before I have to start removing things to add them.

LORDS
450 - Bloodthirster. Love the model, just plain love it. I also hear it is a beast on the table top. I don't have any options chosen because I just don't quite know what is good for what yet. I have my suspicions but I'd rather leave the points open and choose them after I get advice from you guys.

HEROES
300 - 3 Heralds. I plan on putting them in the bloodletter squads... I can do that right? Again no options chosen (yet).

CORE
270 - 20 bloodletters with Musician, Bloodreaper and Standard Bearer. (Should I lose one in each squad to put the heralds in and make 4 full ranks?)
270 - 20 bloodletters with Musician, Bloodreaper and Standard Bearer.

SPECIAL
350 - 10 Flesh Hounds of Khorne. Perhaps this needs to be broken into 2 units of 5.

RARE
260 - 3 Blood Crushers with Musician, Bloodreaper and Standard Bearer.

This is my current army list. It's very mutable. The final count is 77 models (88 would be better... for you know... luck). So what should I do from here.

Makarion
07-10-2008, 00:02
I'm not a Daemon player, so I'll steer away from too much advice. Some considerations though:

* With the Herald, each squad of Bloodletters can be fielded in a 7*3 formation. That means they can take 2 hits before they lose a rank, and they'll really maximizing their melee prowesss.
* You're right, split those Flesh Hounds into two units. It's more flexible, and the rank is likely to count for as much as the ability to double-charge, or pick two soft targets at once.
* Is it really worth the points to give full command to the Blood Crushers? You could use the points to get some of those cheap daemonic flyers. They are not beholden to any of the Gods, so they should be appropriate for your army.

KUMA
07-10-2008, 04:25
i would drop the crushers and get more hounds, maybe split the 20 mans into 2 20s and and 2 tens for flanking

Miggidy Mack
07-10-2008, 04:33
Well any advice is welcome advice guys. I have only played a few games of fantasy (I'm a 40k die hard) and I just want to make sure it's an army I'm going to be happy with before I start shelling out the cash :)-

My total now is 2085 (I'm shooting for 2250) so that puts me down 165 points. This gives me a lot of wiggle room for upgrades on the heroes/lord. What about adding more bloodletters to get too 3 ranks of 8. Is that viable, it would be awfully khorne-like :)

LORDS
450 - Bloodthirster. What additional powers Should I give him?

HEROES
300 - 3 Heralds.

CORE

SPECIAL
175 - 5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne