PDA

View Full Version : "Your doing what to Tyranids?"

bluebugs
06-10-2008, 23:27
Well my friends. If you remember seeing anyone chop up tyranids in a wide array of shapes and sized to achieve a more alien look, you most likely stumbled upon my previous blog. It was short lived, but everything I made I was either unsatisfied with, or was too difficult to pull off on an army-wide scale.

I come to your with a new tyranid look. More alien than the existing, and not to difficult to pull off with a whole army. Here we go;

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m176/Branjack88/daemon002.jpg
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m176/Branjack88/daemon004.jpg

Like all my other Frankenstein monsters I've made in the past, I am unsatisfied with this one. I'm thinking of removing the tail/back end completely, making a beetle-like butt, and putting the scythes either on the front of the legs, or coming out of the back.

If you have any suggestions, I only have 2 real qualifications.;

1) it must be made from at least 95% Nid parts
2) any bits used have to be plentiful (i.e. no scythes from the venom-cannon on a gaunt model)

Hope your interested, but be warned this will be a slow moving blog.

hayguyz
07-10-2008, 02:10
The title should say you're not your.

bluebugs
07-10-2008, 02:21
well.....thank you? Sorry about the poor grammer, but to my knowledge i cannot edit the thread title. So thanks for the imput?

Kalishnikov-47
07-10-2008, 02:45
Don't worry bout him mate he apparently doesn't like tyranids as much as we do. YOUR:p tyranids look great, keep up the good work!

Braad
07-10-2008, 08:10
I'm in doubt. The legs have an odd shape/placement compared to the body.
It misses some kind of flow, although I cannot pinpoint it exactly.

Maybe have the knees facing the other direction? Like, flip the legs around backwards, and also flip the feet forward again? But this could be just silly.

Lame Duck
09-10-2008, 10:50
I would replace all four limbs with scythes (the hormagaunt front limbs) making it look spider/crab esque.

Blue Orphen
09-10-2008, 13:23
Swap where the legs and the talons are.

As it is now, the beast won't be able to attack anything in front of it.

If you look at most Tyranid models, they are clearly alien, but still follow basic animal anatomy. If you don't like the way a particular model's lines are, try looking into some insect and crustacean anatomy. You'll find lots of ways to make things look alien while still being anatomically functional.