PDA

View Full Version : dwarf and nite goblin issues

w3rm
06-10-2008, 23:31
my bro and me have 2 conflicts. i play nite goblins he plays dwarfs. we both hate each other so can we re roll misses for shooting? also when i release my fanatics so they go through a hero in a unit. do i randomize atacks throgh the unit and hero or do i hit the hero and the unit seperatly?:confused::confused:

Nurgling Chieftain
06-10-2008, 23:51
Hatred does not affect shooting rolls to hit (as they are by definition not the first round of HtH!).

Fanatic hits are randomized like missile fire, so it doesn't matter whether the character himself was actually in the path of the fanatic or not, its the unit as a whole that takes the damage.

Spirit
07-10-2008, 00:12
Hatred does not affect shooting rolls to hit (as they are by definition not the first round of HtH!).

Fanatic hits are randomized like missile fire, so it doesn't matter whether the character himself was actually in the path of the fanatic or not, its the unit as a whole that takes the damage.

Unless the unit is less than 5 models strong though, in which case you randomise to see if you hit the hero i think.

Nurgling Chieftain
07-10-2008, 01:35
That's what "randomized like missile fire" means, yes.

phobia
07-10-2008, 16:11
Is it possible for a unit or a lone character to charge or move into a fanatic?

If so, how do you resolve this?

It came up in a game I was playing in, and we treated it the same as when the fanatic contacted a unit, and then allowed normal attacks against it.

Gazak Blacktoof
07-10-2008, 17:26
If a unit stops on a fanatic it goes squish and is removed but it inflicts additional hits on the unit in question.

You can't declare a charge against a fanatic.

Have a read of the fanatic rules.

phobia
07-10-2008, 17:59
Where does it say you cannot charge fanatics?

Gazak Blacktoof
07-10-2008, 20:04
First part of the "Force of Destruction" rules.

I'd just like to add that if my other reply seemed rude it wasn't meant to be. A lot of people seem to ask questions about fanatics that can be easily be answered by reading the page of rules for them.

phobia
07-10-2008, 21:32
First part of the "Force of Destruction" rules.

I'd just like to add that if my other reply seemed rude it wasn't meant to be. A lot of people seem to ask questions about fanatics that can be easily be answered by reading the page of rules for them.

Ah, gotcha.

So, if a character comes into contact with them, how exactly would you handle it?

Gazak Blacktoof
07-10-2008, 21:48
Hits are randomised as shooting, if there's only one model to hit all the hits go on that model.

TheWarSmith
07-10-2008, 22:54
It's generally a VERY bad idea to have a lone character do this, as he'll suffer 2d6 S5 hits.

If you simply move OVER(but don't stop on) the fanatic, it's only 1d6, but the fanatic still lives.

Sounds like ya guys just need a thorough read through the rules of each others(and your own) books.