mr.silly
07-10-2008, 01:42
Heroes
Wargor - Great Weapon, Shield, Chaos Armor, MoN = 116

Bray Sham - Staff of Darkoth, MoN = 140

Core
Beast Herd - 12 Gors + 8 Ungors, Foe-render, musician = 141

Beast Herd - 12 Gors + 8 Ungors, Foe-render, musician = 141

14 Bestigors - FC, MoN, Vitrolic Totem = 249(wargor goes here)

Special
5 Centigors - Shields, Musician = 102

Tuskgor Chariot - 85(sham rides here)

Total = 998

thoughts?

WhiteKnight
07-10-2008, 04:29
First off, BoC heroes cannot ride chariots, only the lords can. Anyways, this is a small army. IMO, the chariot should have MoN and you should try to find points to add some vital stuff like more pestigors.

mr.silly
07-10-2008, 22:32
hmm, ok thanks. Missed the fact that only lords can ride chariots. Btw, where does it say chariots can be marked? I guess it would count as a regiment of nurgle, but its not listed in the options. Also, what do you suggest dropping/replacing?

Harwammer
08-10-2008, 00:14
You do realise chariots are core for beastmen, not special?

The wording for the mark rules at the back of the books is a bit of a muddle, GW ended up FAQing that chariots could be marked for regiment prices. The FAQ can be found here (http://uk.games-workshop.com/news/errata/assets/wh/beastsofchaos.pdf).

Consider this: a unit with a fear causing character will cause fear at the character's unit strength. This in turn means the unit is immune to fear (and terror becomes fear to them).

Based on this I think you should have your characters in the herds.

The wargor is Ld7 so you can drop the foe render from his unit and use the points to buy an extra bestigor (or downgrade the bestigor champion so you can afford an extra bestigor).

If you take your wargor out of the pestigor you do lose a few attacks, devaluing the vitriolic totem. As such it may be worthwhile swapping this magical standard for the warbanner or gore banner. Another alternative, if you can find the points, is to drop the banner for a unit of 5 hounds. These could be ambushed to hunt enemy warmachines, march blocking a part of the enemy's army so you needn't deal with it all at once, remove rank bonus from the enemy or create enemy in the way for those breaking from combat.

mr.silly
08-10-2008, 19:57
Ok, so hows this....

Heroes
Wargor - Great Weapon, Shield, Chaos Armor, MoN = 116

Bray Sham - Staff of Darkoth, MoN = 140

Core
Beast Herd - 12 Gors + 8 Ungors, Foe-render, musician = 141(wargor goes here)

Beast Herd - 12 Gors + 8 Ungors, Foe-render, musician = 141(bray sham goes here)

18 Bestigors - FC, MoN, Vitrolic Totem = 321

5 Warhounds = 30

Special
6 Centigors - Musician = 123

Total = 1000

I feel the chariot was too expensive for something that would be singled out by artillery immediately.

Thoughts?

WhiteKnight
09-10-2008, 00:40
Okay, the wargor cannot have a shield while wielding a great weapon. And the bray shaman should have either a dispel scroll with the staff or the Dark Heart. Works well when ambushing with Beast Herd. And just FYI, the wargor, if you want to ambush, cannot be in the beast herd. If he is in the beast herd, no one can sound the bray horn.

mr.silly
09-10-2008, 02:51
I thought a character can purchase a shield with a great weapon, but could only use it against shooting attacks while in hth he uses the great weapon?
I gave the staff of darkoth to the sham because once him and his unit ambush on, they can charge a unit on the same turn they come in. Was plannning on starting the wargors herd on the table, is that a bad idea?