PDA

View Full Version : 2k list skaven need help!

w3rm
07-10-2008, 20:21
ok guys im looking for a clan skyre army and i want your help heres what i came up with

Lords
Grey Seer x1(335)
6x Warpstone Token(20)
Eye of the Horned Rat(25)
Warpstone Charm(25)
Tenbourus Cloak(30)

Heroes
Warlock Engineer(145)
Warp-Blades(15)
Warp-Energy Condeser(10)
Warp-Power Accumulator(15)
Warplock Pistol(15)
Foul Pendant(30)
2x Warpstone Charm(20)

Warlock Engineer(145)
Warp-Blades(15)
Warp-Energy Condeser(10)
Warp-Power Accumulator(15)
Warplock Pistol(15)
Foul Pendant(30)
2x Warpstone Charm(20)

Chieftan-BSB-(149)
Heavy Armour(4)
Storm Banner(75)

Core Units
30x Clanrats(235)
Full Command(25)
WarpFire Thower(60)

30x Clanrats(235)
Full Command(25)
WarpFire Thower(60)

Special Units

Tunneling Team x8(180)
Poisoned Throwing Stars(32)
Poison Hand Weapons(8)
Black Skaven(12)

8x Jezzails(160)

15x Plague Monks(180)
Full Command(25)
Extra Hand Weapon(30)
Umbranner(35)

Rare Units

Warp Lightning Cannon(100)

Warp Lightning Cannon(100)

Total 1964

ok guys i know this is whimpy but help me out i only have a little over $350 to spend and these are the models i have

1x plague priest
2x packs of rat ogres
35x clanrats
1x pack of giant rat
18x plague monks

Time of Madness
07-10-2008, 21:44
This is a pretty poor list in my opinion.

If you plan on taking a magic heavy approach you will need the screaming bell.

You have two warlock engineers with the same items (folu pendants). Take scrolls and bound items with these guys.

You have only two combat units. You will need at least another unit of clanrats and 2-3 units of slaves to make this work.

Tunnelling teams are most effective as small units (2 small tunnelling units is better then one large one).

And my final advice would be to lose the point costs on items etc. Makes for a hard read.
Time of Madness

General Squeek Squeek
08-10-2008, 05:08
you need to first remove the individual cost of items this is a no-no.

As far as the list goes it does indeed look very weak for a skaven army. The storm banner will probably hurt you more then your opponent as you have a huge amount of points that will be pointless once you activate that banner.

Also where are the slaves? These guys are the best point for point unit you can get. They set up charges and screen your units.

Your gutter runners should not have poison weapons and poison stars. One or the other is all that is necessary, and will save you some points. The unit champ on them is also a big point sink for a single extra attack.

You could definitely use some night runners to help screen the rest of your army. Small units of 5-6 and contest quarters, run behind enemy lines, march block, screen units from fast cav, and many other enormously useful tasks.

I wouldn't say the bell is necessary. Without being stuck on a bell you can agressively use skitterleap on you seer to cause panic behind enemy lines. Also give one of your warlock engineers the storm daemon. An extra chance of warplightning going off is always very nice.