PDA

View Full Version : skaven army list challenge(not for faint of heart)

w3rm
07-10-2008, 20:42
ok guys and gals u may have read my other please please help me threads but this is the last i assure you. god i sound so needy. but i have a challenge! if any1 can help me get a 2k army list for under $300 i will be your friend forever. here are the folowing models i have

1 plague preist
35 clanrats
18 plague monks
2 rat ogres
1 pack of giant rats

please plase help meh!!!!

Malorian
08-10-2008, 17:58
2K? $300? Just get two battalion boxes.

That with what you have will EASILY give you 2000 points.

I leave you to make the list.

General Squeek Squeek
08-10-2008, 20:25
do you mind conversions??? if not then I'd suggest 2 battalion boxes. With the remaining 120 get some gnoblars, and empire. Mix the gnoblars, extra plague monks, and empire millitia/flagellants, into 1 unit and call em slaves. There should be enough extra to pick up some more characters, and ratling guns.

If you really want to fill up your points cheap pick a grey seer on a screaming bell. While I don't personally like this unit till 3k games it quickly takes up 1/4 of your points in one fell swoop.

happy_doctor
09-10-2008, 06:53
I wouldn't go so far as buying 2 battalion boxes. Seeing as you already have almost one battalion's worth, I'd buy another one. I'd add to that a clanrat regiment box, a night runners box, a couple of weapon teams, 3 blisters of plague censer bearers, a warp-lightning cannon and 3 characters (chieftain BSB, warlock engineer and Grey Seer).
This would give you:
95 clanrats/slaves
38 plague monks
4 Rat Ogres
2 Giant Rat Packs
20 Night Runners/Gutter Runners
6 Plague Censer Bearers
Warp-Lightning Cannon
2 Ratling Guns/Warpfire Throwers
4 Characters

Buying these off GW would set you back exactly 303 US dollars.

With these I'd build the following 2250 list:

HEROES:
Grey Seer, Warpstone Charm, Dispel Scroll
Chieftain, BSB, Storm Banner, HA
Warlock Engineer, full kit, Storm Daemon
Plague Priest, Censer, Warpstone Amulet

CORE:
25 Clanrats, Full Command, Ratling Gun
25 Clanrats, Full Command, Ratling Gun
21 Slaves, musician
21 Slaves, musician
3 Giant Rat Packs (the battalion has plenty of spare rats you can glue to bases to make the missing pack)
6 Night Runners, extra hand weapon
6 Night Runners, extra hand weapon

SPECIAL:
3 Rat Ogres
20 Plague Monks, Full Command (You'll have to convert a couple from clanrats, or make a unit filler)
20 Plague Monks, Full Command, War Banner
8 Gutter Runners, poisoned hand weapons, poisoned throwing stars

RARE:
6 Plague Censer Bearers
Warp-lightning Cannon

I consider this to be a fairly balanced list with plenty of stuff to do in each phase and not an overwhelming amount of models to paint (anything less than 200 is normal when talking skaven!).

I feel this will give you a solid base to work from, giving you variety and not units you will NOT actually use. (As opposed to the 60 plague monks and 6 rat ogres you'd end up with if you went for the two battalions)

w3rm
09-10-2008, 23:56
happy_doctor i really like that army its pretty balanced and i like the magic aspect of it i think ill try it. but i fotgot to tell you i have 2 gutter runners thanks you all!