PDA

View Full Version : Characters w/ Missile Weapons in Warmachine Crews

MonkeyLord
08-10-2008, 18:59
Hey everybody! A buddy of mine brought up a question that I did not have a ready answer for, despite my having played this game for a million years. :p

If a character with a missile weapon joins a warmachine crew, is he obligated to fire at the same target as the warmachine? Examples: a Dwarven Master Engineer in a cannon crew, or a Dark Elf Sorceress w/ Lifetaker joining a Reaper Bolt Thrower.

My gut tells me yes, they have to fire at the same target, as I cannot find a rule specifically stating otherwise... Which sucks. :)

BEEGfrog
08-10-2008, 19:23
Units shoot, not individual models, although the circumstances of each model will affect its chance of hitting the unit's target.

Pg26 says that any models in a unit without line of sight to the target automatcally miss and in the 2nd column, any models with insufficient range also automatically miss.

Unless the character or an item he carries has a special rule that allows split targets then the character is part of the unit and the unit cannot split targets.

theunwantedbeing
08-10-2008, 19:28
Page 85 has a pretty clear cut answer.

BEEGfrog
08-10-2008, 19:36
Units shoot, not individual models, although the circumstances of each model will affect its chance of hitting the unit's target.

Pg26 says that any models in a unit without line of sight to the target automatcally miss and in the 2nd column, any models with insufficient range also automatically miss.

Unless the character or an item he carries has a special rule that allows split targets then the character is part of the unit and the unit cannot split targets.

Page 85 has a pretty clear cut answer.

Oops! I was wrong, the war machine rules specifically exempt characters from the requirement for the whole unit to fire at the same target.

MonkeyLord
08-10-2008, 20:31
@ BEEGfrog: don't feel bad, I made the same assumption. :)

@ theunwantedbeing: Thanks a bunch! I thumbed over that page already, but somehow missed it. Again, thanks for the help, really appreciate it.