PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos 2000 pts

Stezerok
09-10-2008, 02:59
Exalted Champion: /w shield, Armor of Damnation, Soporific Musk, and daemonic steed: 230 pts
Exalted Champion: /w battle standard bearer, Doom Totem: 210 pts
Sorcerer of Chaos: /w mark of Tzeentch, dispel scroll: 130 pts
Sorcerer of Chaos: /w mark of Tzeentch, dispel scroll: 130 pts

Warriors of Chaos (14): /w shields, champion, standard bearer, and musician: 254
Marauders of Chaos (24): /w shields, light armor, champion, standard bearer, and musician: 164 pts
Marauders of Chaos (24): /w shields, light armor, champion, standard bearer, and musician: 164 pts
Horsemen (6): /w light armor, shields, throwing axes, and musician: 108 pts
Hounds (6): 36 pts
Hounds (6): 36 pts

Knights (5): /w champion, standard bearer, and musician: 250 pts
Trolls (3): 135 pts
Trolls (3): 135 pts

Total Points: 1982 pts
Total Models: 71 infantry, 24 cavalry

Basic idea is to bumrush the enemy with trolls and hounds to take down or distract ranged elements, and to in general do as much damage as possible to the enemy lines before dieing. By which point hopefully, the Marauders and Warrior blocks will be within range, with Knights support, and my lines will engage theirs. Marauder Horsemen will also be going around hunting machine crews, sorcs and also harassing other shooting elements. What do you guys think?

Good Hunting,
-Stezerok

Kalec
09-10-2008, 06:02
What are you trying to do with the sorcerers?

If you want them to cast, then give them some gear to help out in the magic phase. If you want scroll caddies then give them more scrolls, no marks.

And give your general a weapon. A flail or halberd would do.

Also, hounds are not cavalry.

LION
09-10-2008, 12:31
:)Up the 2 Socs to L2 Tzeentch & give one two DS and other a PStone (assuming you took two because you wish to take part In Mphase).

Take the LArmour off the M Cav as I believe it negates their fast cav status.

Consider your Tactics....the Troll rush stall maybe to easy to foil with flaming fire and or Stupidity failures. Nice list in making LION

PS my Chaos Hounds are Cavalry Karlec. The Vampire Daemon Sprites and Mutant Fleas that infest them are surely worth a bonus attack?
-------------------------------------------------
Lions Weekly Bits Box Blitz Sponsored by Elf Glue
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165087 (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165087)

Stezerok
09-10-2008, 14:42
What are you trying to do with the sorcerers?

If you want them to cast, then give them some gear to help out in the magic phase. If you want scroll caddies then give them more scrolls, no marks.

Sorry! I actually just forgot about lvl 2 lol... Now I need to figure out the points to get them there...

And give your general a weapon. A flail or halberd would do.

I'm sorry, I really just don't see a point. He hits hard enough as is, the weapon options are really expensive, and I wouldn't want to drop his shield for a halber also.

Also, hounds are not cavalry.

True, usually I just write up that last section so I can remind myself what all of the bases look like. I do the same for 40K...

:)Up the 2 Socs to L2 Tzeentch & give one two DS and other a PStone (assuming you took two because you wish to take part In Mphase).

Yep, will do. Do you guys have any suggestions as to where to get the points?

Take the LArmour off the M Cav as I believe it negates their fast cav status.

Are you sure? I thought Dark Riders came with light armor... Otherwise, I'll gladly make that change.

Consider your Tactics....the Troll rush stall maybe to easy to foil with flaming fire and or Stupidity failures. Nice list in making LION

Well as much as I hate Stupidity, I thought that Trolls with their Str 5, and their regeneration would be the best of the three to just throw away like that. I would love to use Ogres/Dragon Ogres, but they tend to get so expensive. Should I just take units of 3 Ogres with Great Weapons instead?

Good Hunting,
-Stezerok

Kalec
09-10-2008, 23:44
No, your general does not hit hard enough. He needs the boost for a halberd or flail, and doesn't have to give up his shield, he just can't use it it combat with the 2-handed weapon.