PDA

View Full Version : 2250 - Pure Slaanesh; Daemons of Chaos

WalkerShado
09-10-2008, 02:32
Working on a 2250 list, not sure how to polish this off....
It feels Hero heavy, but it is a daemon list...
Thinking of just dropping a standard in the unit that the battle standard will go in.

Some thing to note, the Core units are going 6 in each rank.

Any Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks!

-------------------------------

Keeper of Secrets - 635 General; Magic Level 3; Spirit Swallower

Herald of Slaanesh - 315 Magic Level 1; Battle Standard; Siren Song; Standard of Chaos Glory

Herald of Slaanesh - 165 Magic Level 1; Siren Song

Herald of Slaanesh - 165 Magic Level 1; Siren Song

Daemonettes of Slaanesh x17 - 216 Standard

Fiends of Slaanesh x3 - 165

Fiends of Slaanesh x3 - 165

---------------------------------------------

Total Army Cost: 2258

Notes:
Casting Pool: 8
Dispel Pool: 7
Models in Army: 61

Validation Results:
Total Points exceed maximum allowed roster size (max 2250).

LION
09-10-2008, 08:30
:eyebrows: Does seem a bit Character Heavy with 57% of your lists points sunk into only four models!

:evilgrin:That said, it has more core models than any of the Ultra Elite Daemon "Hordes" I have played and is blessedly contains the Slaves of only One Lord of Darkness. That should please most players. I would drop 1 St as I assume a unit has the BSB with it any how LION

------------------------------------
Lions Weekly Bits Box Blitz Sponsored by Elf Glue
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165087 (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165087)

EndlessBug
09-10-2008, 08:39
Hey, looks v good, although one suggestion is drop one of the heralds for the masque, then drop the unit that herald would've been in to 12 as a supporting unit. Gives you about 135 points (-8 which you're over by)=127, with this get a unit of 5 seekers, means you'll be 7 under, so buy a musician for one unit.

But 2 main units should be ample, this gives you 2 more support units as well (or throwaway units which aren't so impacting on VPs if you lose them). Looks like a good list!

p.s. 8 points is quite a way over, normally it wouldn't matter too much, most people dont mind 1 or 2 or 3 points over but that 8 points gets you most of that 17th daemonette.

Lordsaradain
09-10-2008, 14:10
I like endlessbug's ideas, but if you want to stcik to your list, drop at least one daemonette.

Scelerat
09-10-2008, 14:41
My only concern is the number of Fiends units. Fiends work much better in small groups: perfect if formed by just one Fiend, two Fiends are not too bad either. Three Fiends do need a lot of space to maneuver, which takes away from their main advantage: movement.
I'd drop two Fiends and 5 'nettes off from one unit, and add Seekers with the extra points. Seekers are great for running past enemy lines and then charging from the back while `nettes charge from the front.
I always use mono-slaanesh lists too, so I kinda know their weaknesses.

EDIT: Unless you're facing a gunline, Spirit Swallower is far too expensive. I'd give the Keeper Allure of Slaanesh, Torment Blade, Temptator and Siren Song. I would make him lv.4 too, that extra spell might prove really useful.
Also, to maximize Slaanesh's LD-based strong spells, drop the Standard of Chaos Glory and give the Herald the Icon of Despair. Given the fact that all Heralds will only be able to reliably cast Acquiescence, that -2 modifier to enemy Ld tests might make Acquiescence much more useful and destructive.

The "adding the Masque" idea is really good, esp. to use as a Ld-killer combo with the aforementioned Icon of Despair, but if you want to play without SC, that extra Herald could be good.

Although, come to think of it, you could definitely drop one of the Heralds and spend her points on more 'nettes or Seekers.

:)

Gaftra
09-10-2008, 14:54
i would definitely take seekers over daemonettes any day of the week. mobility is the key to a slaneesh list.
also you should play to the strengths of the army. i would seriously consider the masque over one of the other heralds. if you work the combo you only will have to win any combat by 1, which is about all youll be able most of the time due to the lack of str, and your opponent will still be making leadership tests at a -3 - 6 penalty.

while a non-slaneesh unit furies would help out to catch fleeing units by flying behind trapped units. also it gives you a more reasonable way of harassing war machines or tucked away caster.