PDA

View Full Version : New tactical marines or bikes?

ThunderShrike.
09-10-2008, 06:37
For space marines, because if GW is releasing new space marine tactical squad box sets or bikers anytime soon, one would but inclined to buy those ones instead.

So are they releasing new ones?

Thanks.

MajorWesJanson
09-10-2008, 07:34
No.

Hopefully wave 2 will have recut dreadnought to go with the missing characters.

ThunderShrike.
09-10-2008, 07:39
Oh I see. Its just one was considering to buy some tactical marines. And build a tabletop army.

Kroot Lord
09-10-2008, 07:40
I think the Tactical Marines have enough diversity in them to not need a new boxset for them.

Money better spent on Sisters of Battle.

Feor
09-10-2008, 12:11
Tactical Squads don't need a new box, plenty of stuff in the Tac squad box.

Bikers need a new box badly, however you can sorta meet half way on that buy ordering the ravenwing squadron box. ($5-10 less than a regular bike squad, depending on where you are, all plastc, new bikers, + Ravenwing sprues)

ChrisMurray
09-10-2008, 12:12
I think Tacmarines have reached their peak for now. I can't see them being updated unless theres a radical change in technology used to make the sprues. Which is fine, they are one of the best boxsets around in my opinion.

sabre4190
09-10-2008, 15:04
The only way tactical marines are going to get a change is if they a) add some more minor details somehow or b) completely change the scaling of the models. I dont see b) happening in the near future, and a) looks like it will either not change your models that much or will probably just not happen.

Thraximus
09-10-2008, 19:14
Slightly off topic, but I'm curious to know. I've seen many yelling, bareheaded Tactical sergeants with that big cut in the foreheads. Where are these heads coming from? The old Tactical squad box?

Fist of Crimson
09-10-2008, 20:26
Slightly off topic, but I'm curious to know. I've seen many yelling, bareheaded Tactical sergeants with that big cut in the foreheads. Where are these heads coming from? The old Tactical squad box?

Correct, the one that came out with 3rd edition.

I kinda liked that box better than the new one...

Thraximus
09-10-2008, 20:38
Yah I like that head much better than the bear heads in the new box.

devik
09-10-2008, 21:29
TacMarines don't need an update at all, in my opinion. The base sprues still look good (albeit somewhat rough when compared to new sprue technology), and work perfectly interchangeably with the other Marine boxes (commander, assault squad, devastators, special chapter upgrades) -- so, no, no upgrades needed.

Bikers, though, do need an update. They haven't aged nearly as gracefully as the tac squads. Personally, though, I don't think GW plans on updating the bike line, not after so recently releasing the ravenwing box.

kaimarion
09-10-2008, 23:02
No.

Hopefully wave 2 will have recut dreadnought to go with the missing characters.
Not before the chaos dred as it is ancient and needs redone very badly :mad: grrrrrrrrr.

Feor
10-10-2008, 01:05
Bikers, though, do need an update. They haven't aged nearly as gracefully as the tac squads. Personally, though, I don't think GW plans on updating the bike line, not after so recently releasing the ravenwing box.

I imagine that will depend entirely on how well bike squads do under the new codex. Personally I think they're going to be rediculously popular, as for ~40points more than a tac squad in Rhino/Drop Pod you get +1T, Relentless, twice the movement, Turbo-boosting, twin linked bolters, and one more special weapon.

If they did redo the box, however, it would likely just be the ravenwing box with a generic accessory sprue rather than the Ravenwing one.

Warforger
10-10-2008, 01:54
Umm they are changing tha tactical squad box, there changing the cover :p

Bikers I really hope they do, they only have 2 weapons, melta and plasma and the serge a power weapon, I wanna see flamers, to do that you need to convert and all. Bah you can still buy them from Battle wagon and the like anyway.

devik
10-10-2008, 02:26
If they did redo the box, however, it would likely just be the ravenwing box with a generic accessory sprue rather than the Ravenwing one.

Probably...

I for one would love to see a completely new sprue, though...

Feor
10-10-2008, 02:51
Probably...

I for one would love to see a completely new sprue, though...

Well, the bikers themselves don't need a new sprue, The biker sprues included with the Ravenwing are everything you need to make a good biker. They would likely have to put together an all new Generic accessory sprue for them. A few variant torsos and heads, a bunch of biker stowage and purity seals, special weapons, sergeants bits, etc. Would also be cool if they upped the box to 4 bikes, so you don't end up with 8 marines and... a spare biker.

Oh, and I remember what I forgot to put up before: the only realy change the Tac squad box could use would be a lisghtly revamped accessorry sprue itself, so you actually get one of every weapon the squad can take, like the CSM box.

Brucopeloso
10-10-2008, 07:14
Awww come on, everybody knows that the marine range needs new models after so many years of neglect! :rolleyes:

Seriously, nothing wrong with marine or dreadnoughts..... the resources would be better spent on other much older or crappier kits or in converting basic troops from metal to plastic.