PDA

View Full Version : Demon Ward Saves?

jpf1982
09-10-2008, 16:29
Do demons get ward saves vs their crumble?

narrativium
09-10-2008, 16:57
Daemons don't crumble at all. Re-read the rules for Daemonic Instability, and all will be revealed.

jpf1982
09-10-2008, 17:08
Well I know they don't technically crumble; but they take wounds = to what they lose combat though don't they? I don't have the book so I can't read it. I was wondering if they got ward saves against the instability.

apbevan
09-10-2008, 17:30
do you play daemons if so get a book, if not borrow or buy one. Its always good to know the rules of the armies you face.

Daemons take a leadership test not crumble like undead. No saves allowed because their Ld roll is their save of sorts

jpf1982
09-10-2008, 17:44
I do not play demons; hence the reason I don't have a book; and while it's nice to be able to read your opponents books I don't have the excess cash to be blowing on every other army book that GW makes. The hobby is expensive enough buying all the stuff for just one army. Thanks for answering my question though; it is appreciated.

Magx
10-10-2008, 01:08
just answer the guy...

No, they don't have the ward save against their "crumble"...

Spirit
10-10-2008, 01:45
I do not play demons; hence the reason I don't have a book; and while it's nice to be able to read your opponents books I don't have the excess cash to be blowing on every other army book that GW makes. The hobby is expensive enough buying all the stuff for just one army. Thanks for answering my question though; it is appreciated.

Agreed completely. And no, they dont get a save, their bloody good enough as is!

neXus6
10-10-2008, 02:14
You weren't saying that when you kicked that Daemon army to pieces the other week. ;)

But yeah they don't get saves, seems only the magically animated undead (who aren't Tomb Kings) can use magic to save themselves...beings entirely composed of magic cant.
:D

Nurgling Chieftain
10-10-2008, 03:08
That makes sense, really. When you're bound together by magic, you can throw magic at the problem of falling apart. When you ARE magic, any magic you threw at binding yourself together would be coming out of the same pool anyway.

Daemons are just lucky that a Bloodthirster can't be simply dispel-scrolled out of existence. :evilgrin:

apbevan
10-10-2008, 15:45
Thats hilarious, Ok i now use my dispel scroll on your Blood Thirster take an instability test.

neXus6
10-10-2008, 15:51
Hahaha, I think dispel scrolls are too powerful as it is without them dispelling Blood Thirsters too.
:)

...though if they hadn't brushed the ending of Storm of Chaos under the carpet it wouldn't have surprised me if Teclis could have done it. :p

Dark14
10-10-2008, 20:51
no saves just like undead.:cries:

Arnizipal
11-10-2008, 00:34
Undead can use ward saves and regeneration versus crumbling.

Lord Dan
11-10-2008, 01:22

Here we go...

theunwantedbeing
11-10-2008, 01:25
Gah...
"Undead" is 2 armies.....Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings.
The former get's their ward and regen saves vs wounds suffered from crumbling.
The latter get's no saves vs wounds suffered from crumbling.

Daemons are not undead, they do not crumble.
They take instability tests and do not get any saves against wounds suffered in that way.

It's quite clear in the entries for each of the 3 books on how it works.

SolarHammer
11-10-2008, 01:26
Here we go...

How about no saves just like crappy Tomb Kings undead?
:evilgrin: